Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 11-07-2005, 02:25 PM   #1
Iceman
Administrator

11/7 LJ Seasons in the Abyss

If Brad is gonna start using the AC DC thing, I gotta come up with something new.

Vito and I owned the Pond. He had launched before me, but we met up at the pier. Surf was 6 inchers, with rogue 1 footers.......cake. Breeze was light out of the SE most of the morning and 8 kts or so SW later. I only managed one greenback under the pierr lights, but Vito called me out front for plenty. I was around 3/4 to the corner, when I saw alot of birds about 1/2 mile north, out over the abyss . Decided to take a chance and see what was with under them. When I got there, I just saw birds picking bait, but no boils. A pack of birds broke off and looked to be following something , when they started to dive and boils erupted in 170 feet. These were not the Brumby sized boils, looked like teen fish. As I was just getting close enough to chuck the iron, my flylined greenie went off. While I was fighting my fish Vito had several attempts to hit them in the head with iron, but no answer. Stuck the gaff in a 16.5 pounder around 9 AM. Called Nelz, as I thought he was coming out and while on the phone my clicker went off slow and steady, hung up and just as the rod loaded up I felt the fish spit it. That was it for the morning bite. Good luck tomorrow, hope the weather cooperates.

Old 11-07-2005, 04:11 PM   #2
Jimm H

Andy: Nice job is really tough conditions out there. Hope you didn't roll in that monster surf behind you! Good to see that the fish are continuing to hang around.
Jimm H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:24 PM   #3
ski

Congrats Andy!
I just looked at the leader board, and it looks like with all these nice fish hanging around, the run to the finish will be interesting!
ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:43 PM   #4
madscientist

Damn Andy, I was hoping to Reign in Blood next,. You can have AC/DC back. Oh well, 16.5 lb huh? Nice fish. Hope there is a PM bite tomorrow pre hoopin, though I guess I really should comb the bottom for the big time points. Catch any lizardfish?
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 07:52 PM   #5
vellocity

congrats Mr. Ice!

170' huh? i like those fights, no stress for structure!
thanks
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:32 PM   #6
steveooo

Nice job on the fish again. When I was out on the 4th the birds were breaking like u described. Probably 200 birds diving on bait over a 2 acre area. I trolled through them and tossed the iron around for a while with NO luck. Eventually the whole pack was about 2 miles off the NW edge and I gave up. ops:
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 09:16 AM   #7
lamb

...all rise 8)