Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2015, 06:58 AM   #1
rhyak

Naci 3-31-15

Lake Nacimiento is a great lake, just one problem the wakeboarders love it as well. Really just a big party lake, With over 120 miles of shoreline and tons of coves and stuff to hang in why not. Plus the water gets warm. Heck its April and already pushing 70degrees. It is also the only lake to have white bass in it. Elsinore has Whipers but these things are fun cause they come in the thousands. During a bite you can easy get 100 plus fish days. I would say once I actually found a school it was 10 plus fish an hour. Not many very large but on a trout rod, not complaining.

So here is the report.

Hit Naci solo and got a late launch at about 730 getting on the water. Another guy launching backed the boat in with his Dad in it and he was elderly and was not able to get the motor started or the trolling motor into the water. Asked if I could tow him in. Of course I am in a HOBIE... Peddled over grabbed the bow and brought it to shore. Another great reason to have a hobie.

So started the morning on the troll looking for whites and maybe some spots.

Was trolling a shadow rap and a phat fly. I have always had good success with them at Naci. Today did not disappoint.

Got 2 whites on the troll before hitting the mouth of snake creek. Worked my way into snake creek and pulled a couple spots off beds with the phat fly. Nothing of size really 12-14inches. Water was about 10ft vis on the main points.

Middle of open water white

Pulled maybe two dozen trolling around a square bill. Between this size and 10inches. Lots just under the 12 mark.

Pulled this guy up on my way into snake creek as well. Was really stoked on the size of this one. They do not get much larger then this unless its a record contending fish.

Got a couple crappie while at it as well which is always nice. They pull great for there size.

One thing about Naci. BOATS.

They can care less about anyone else. I almost got hit twice. I would not want to fish that lake on a weekend. It was busy on a weekday. No thank you.

rhyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:10 AM   #2
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

I fished that lake once and a bunch of wet nose kids thought it would be funny to put me in between there tow rope. Boat to my left, person they were towing on the right and myself in between.

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:13 AM   #3
alanhighhand

Nice report thanks for sharing.some day I will try that lake.
alanhighhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:14 AM   #4
blitzburgh

Very rad! Is there camping / have you camped there?
Old 04-02-2015, 08:04 AM   #5
rhyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
Very rad! Is there camping / have you camped there?

Yes there is a bunch of sites well over 100. I have camped a few times. But I tent camp dont remember what they have for hook-ups.

RH

rhyak is offline   Reply With Quote