Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 01-21-2019, 03:04 PM   #1
GregAndrew

Bait is back

Well, somebody must have been wishing for the bait to return to LJ a little bit too strong. Not only were the Greenies back, but the Sardines and Red Crabs were back in force this weekend. Found a bunch of fast moving schools of good sized Macks on the bottom in the 100 - 120' zone. Bunch of Dolphins and Whales were taking part in the festivities too. And about 10,000 birds. Water was a bit milky, but not too bad for just after the storm. Water temps around 61 degrees still. There was no beach to launch from Saturday or Sunday with the high tides in the morning. Mixed up surf was fun to launch in both days. Landings were child's play, but about 100yds from where the launch was. I went 0 for about 10 solid bites on the weekend. Would have had some good video, on a couple of those bites, if the visibility was better than 8'.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:32 PM   #2
bender0240

Thanks for the report. I think I might have seen you out there around noon, from a bit of a distance. It felt like we were the only people out there for miles except the lobster boat

I wondered if you "were that GregAndrew guy" because I saw what looked like a pvc GoPro holder. I should have said hello! Your videos are the best!!
bender0240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:21 PM   #3
TJones

thanks for report

its about that time to start looking around
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:44 PM   #4
GregAndrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender0240 View Post
Thanks for the report. I think I might have seen you out there around noon, from a bit of a distance. It felt like we were the only people out there for miles except the lobster boat

I wondered if you "were that GregAndrew guy" because I saw what looked like a pvc GoPro holder. I should have said hello! Your videos are the best!!
Yeah, on Sat. I did not see another soul until I was heading in at about noon (that must have been you). After the sloppy launch it turned into a great day to be on the water though.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:27 PM   #5
GregAndrew

And then it was gone! Made 1 greenie and 2 sardines today. The Greenie did a magic trick, and turned into a 23# Halibut though.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:27 PM   #6
bender0240

Yeah I heard bait was rough this morning. But at about 3pm it became Blue Planet out there. 90 foot shoals of perfect greenbacks and jumbo sardines/herring and hundreds of dolphins feeding on them as far as the eye could see. I heard murmurs of a yellow and a nice halibut. Nice work!
bender0240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:17 AM   #7
Seva
Junior

I was out there with Chris and his wife yesterday.. 2 hours or searching for bait before I got one green.. Sent it to the bottom and pulled up a 30# yellow 2 minutes later.

Nice work on the hali!
Seva is offline   Reply With Quote