Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 11-03-2005, 09:52 AM   #1
twinfin

11/3 5-9AM LJ

Had it all to myself from predawn to 9AM. Made two spanish in the dark (that never happens to me) and dragged them to the corner, and back to the bull kelp where i drifted and waited for some sign of life.

Got ROCKED on the blue/chrome right on the bottom after marking some blips down deep in 115 ft. The fish took one blistering run that ended with the fish finding some thing to wrap me on..the line broke before i could even try and finesse it out---a clean break on 25lb mono. :x :x Bummed, but now fully awake, I trolled my way back...

Other than that, not a bird hitting the surface, and not a school of bait puddling----got the "should have been here Tuesday" from a PBer---fooey!

PS---what's up with the seiners out there??? They don't look like they have their nets out, but they aren't just passing through as well.
twinfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:13 PM   #2
vellocity

the bait seiners have been stealing our bait all summer.. those kooks can't even go find their own bait sources.. i've seen them many, many mornings around LJ in the canyon and even in front of Crystal Pier in 40' of water!! fuel prices must be keeping them REALLY local.. they wrap bait all night and bail before greylight... i usually see them in the morning darkness as they're trying to finish up..

hmmmmmmm.. i wonder what PB'er told you that this morning? the same one that ran over the fish on Tuesday i bet? small 16' center console with 2 jerk offs?

tomorrow's a new day!
see you out there..
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:22 PM   #3
madscientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellocity

hmmmmmmm.. i wonder what PB'er told you that this morning? the same one that ran over the fish on Tuesday i bet? small 16' center console with 2 jerk offs?

tomorrow's a new day!
see you out there..
Damn Nelz, and I thought I was harsh on the PB idiots. But you're absolutely right about those two numbnuts. After you split they buzzed me a couple more times Tues. In between being irritated, I always crack up at many of the PBers like that. Seems they spend more time burning gas than soaking bait, then wonder why the yakkers catch more fish. Guess for some people having a motor is just too much temptation and the thought of drifting for 30 minutes is heresy. Dumbasses.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:36 PM   #4
twinfin

yeah, that was probably him. he reported catching a 27lber...little boston whaler type boat center console, riding solo today, but he did say he had his nephew out the other morning. He actually was pretty cool and even offered me some bait!!

Funny how a little bit of fish on the scene can make people get jumpy....good luck tomorrow.
twinfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:52 PM   #5
vellocity

yeah that was probably them and they most likely got that fish on the inside after they ran over all the fish on the outside.. when i was dropping my friend off i saw some birds on the inside part and they were gunning for them as well..

yeah Brad i was more pissed that they drove them down for you guys.. like you said we were pretty far around the corner and them spooking the fish might have broke them up into smaller packs..

hopefully tomorrow we can keep them biting..
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote