Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
signboydan

Irvine Lake questions

I've never been to Irvine Lake. Can anyone tell me about the kayak rules there?

1. Are Sit-on-tops allowed?
2. Are waders required?

I have a Mirage tandem, and would like to take my son Trout fishing there soon, but wasn't sure about SOT's or waders...Also, if anyone knows of any other info or tips...anything would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan
signboydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
jake42frsocal

Nice lake, sit on top kayaks are allowed, and they dont require waders at least they never made me wear them.
jake42frsocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by signboydan View Post
I've never been to Irvine Lake. Can anyone tell me about the kayak rules there?

1. Are Sit-on-tops allowed?
2. Are waders required?

I have a Mirage tandem, and would like to take my son Trout fishing there soon, but wasn't sure about SOT's or waders...Also, if anyone knows of any other info or tips...anything would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan
Yes sit on tops are welcome and allowed, there is currently no charge to launch a kayak at irvine.

I dont think waders are required but i would definitely reccomend them....it gets cold out there.

I would definitely check their calendar and go there in-between major tournaments, it gets pretty crowded there.

As far as fishing, troll the standard irvine lake lures the cd5/7 and the f5/7 rapalas in fire tiger. These lures in pink seem to work really well too, like owner mira shad and the daiwa sc shiners. They'll bite all kinds of lures, you just have to experiment and find out. As the water warms you might look into fishing with leadcore, to get down a little deeper.

Careful when you fish the trout worm or bait near shore the bank fisherman will not take kindly to your presence and will likely try to nail you if you get too close, child on board or not....some of those guys are serious!

Check the most recent fishing report or talk to the tackle shop guys they'll let you know whats going on. Ive caught fish all over that lake so there is no real "hot spot" As far as i know.....some times its good in one spot sometimes its not just like everywhere else.

Just go fishn there and youll figure it out.
Good luck!

Tony
Old 03-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #4
Yakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post

Careful when you fish the trout worm or bait near shore the bank fisherman will not take kindly to your presence and will likely try to nail you if you get too close, child on board or not....some of those guys are serious!

Tony
Yes be vary careful around the banks they will nail you happen to me last year
and if your not worried about that atleast don't bring the kids around them cause they have no respect for words being said to the kids either
Old 03-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #5
signboydan

Thanks everyone for the replies! I'll definitely stay away from the shore. Probably time I finally get a pair of waders too.
Thanks!
-Dan
signboydan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
irvine, lake, trout