Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
wade

Spots..

For those of you unfamiliar with what a Spotty is, you are missing out on some great fishing..
Coming from Oceanside, I try and beat morning traffic and sunrise before even looking at tide tables..
Fishing was slow as I waited for the tide to move in...So in the meantime I scratched up a nice pile of angry Spotties on a Chatterbait ripped over the Bays grass tables to get them motivated..
First half of the days quarry were fooled via Z-Man's Chatterbait Pro / 5/8oz / Chart, Orange & Pearl. (+ a MinnowZ trailer in Houdini with some added Butter never hurts either..)
As the water filled in giving me a larger buffer, I switched up to a 3/4oz slayer swimjig in white/ + a mostly white and a few strands of orange for the skirt / Z-Man's Pro-Cure Gel scented PaddlerZ in Pearl tipped the swimbait trailer.
Another really good day in the Bay.. No gopro yet, but I took out the iphone for a couple shots. RhaaaA..

Haulin ass in traffic right after a good c&r session headed to Pomas for one of the best egg-parm sandwiches right before they close..

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
Zfish03

Nice Wade,
I was at the bay at 0500 to do some hali fishing. And...bait tank didn't work, no plastics rod...So I went home and picked up some plastics and went to oside for an epic lizard fish bite.
Zfish03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
easyday

Looks awesome man, I need to get back in the o side game. Next week is my last week of work in tje good ol usmc so ill be fishing hard finally.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:48 AM   #4
CobraTandem

Good work on the spots. I like that fat greedy one trying to get fatter.
CobraTandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #5
buddha

Have to love the spotties. They are fun and catch pound for pound put up a good fight for their size. Always a fall back if you have to catch a fish.

I never tried any of those lures I may have to give them a try, they may work in freshwater also.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #6
lamb

Nice going Wade!!
Old 09-23-2013, 05:31 AM   #7
Nic D

Nice going Wade

instagram - @DRAGO619
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote