Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 06:19 PM   #21
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
Many fish died between 6:30 and 7:30 AM. Just in time to take the kids to school.
I never said that I got one ops:

I was on the outside looking in this morning, nada, not even a bump. I did successfully release several F Bombs as I paddled in at 7:30. Sure wish it got light earlier. My wife's new job is severely messing with my fishing career :lol: Congratulations to those that killed em!
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:30 PM   #22
Spinal Tap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohloe1
Nate (spinal tap),
I've got an extra kayak if you need to use it.
Dennis,

Thanks man, but I gotta stay dry for a little while longer. I have a cold.
Man, those YT look so fat. I bet they're just awesome sashimi.
Nate
Spinal Tap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:39 PM   #23
dmr

Nice job on the trap line. I saw you guys pulling it up, but missed the outcome. Anything in the trap??
dmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:43 PM   #24
Ryan The Sealion

a spider crab and a buncha bricks lol..got 3 jigs and 7 hooks off the rope tho :lol: I never realized traps were that heavy... I'm gonna b sore tomorrow
Ryan The Sealion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 07:08 PM   #25
madscientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
Quote:
Many fish died between 6:30 and 7:30 AM. Just in time to take the kids to school.
I never said that I got one ops:

I was on the outside looking in this morning, nada, not even a bump. I did successfully release several F Bombs as I paddled in at 7:30. Sure wish it got light earlier. My wife's new job is severely messing with my fishing career :lol: Congratulations to those that killed em!
I never saw you go in but Corey said you looked disgusted so I figured things hadn't gone well. Sorry to hear it didn't come together.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 07:58 PM   #26
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Got a late start, had to take the boy to school but managed to get to the launch in time to see the fleet landing with their catches.
Talked with Pat and Moyer and Pat gave me some input on where to go (gracias Pat), and with some fresh dead squid courtesy of my bro Dusty, hit the pond solo and had it all to myself. And no YT's to bother me. :roll:
Hit the spot Pat told me to go, and sent the squid down. Minutes later, clicker goes off and I'm thinking "Sweet, they left me some". Not a chance. Felt some tugging, and all I could think was after seeing the quality YT that was landed, I get to catch the only anorexic bastard out there. After a couple pulls, I bring up this hermaphrodite.
No need to gaff him, stuck the gaff in his mouth and he clamped down and held on.

Ended the day with 2 octopi, enough lizards to make a meal, sanddab, and a mac that I sent to the bottom without a trap rig only to get hit, feed line, wait, set hook, and pull up a body-less mac.
Cooked up jaws and the boy and I dined well....
Will have to hit it Monday, bright and early...
Pat, Dusty, thanks bros.

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote