Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2015, 06:28 AM   #1
Harry Hill

Sea Dog question

Yesterday fishing near the bait barge in Newport Harbor we had to deal with a couple of real aggressive sea dogs. One kep coming up alongside my kayak and blowing water on me and then swimming under my yak and bumping it. Not real hard but enough to move the yak some. Anyway, I got to thinking that in order for me to get to the back of my kayak I have to sit sideways and hang my feet over the side while I grab stuff. Has anyone heard of anyone getting bitten by one of the dogs? I know they have excellent sight and can pull an anchovy off of a hook without getting hooked so they know how to be careful but on my first mackerel the dog came in under the boat and grabbed it as I was pulling it out of the water and I got to thinking that could be my foot hanging over the side. So while the dogs were around I didn't hang my feet out but I was still wondering if the dogs knew the difference.
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote