Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2015, 08:52 AM   #1
Saba Slayer

King Harbor 9/5

Needed Some Bones for a smoked fish appetizer for a party tonight...so...Launched the PA about 7:30am, only a few SUP's at the dock
Went straight out to the 2nd stick on the north side of the canyon...I saw birds sitting in the deeper water on the left of the stick, peddaled that way and a small Bone bit the Rapalla. There were more birds working and sitting in the middle of the canyon so I trolled that way towards PV and picked up a medium sized Bonito on the hoochie daisy chain...nothing else on the area but a few short bites so I peddled to my rockfish spot. Lots of worm type bass marks here on the shallow end...I dropped a "new" Promar Sardine Live Deception jig and hooked up on a bunch of big Sand Bass and a few Calicos. No rockfish, so I C&Rd the bass and looked for more Bonito.
They bit again in the middle of the canyon but they were small fish.
I moved back to the second stick on the north side and metered fish a little inside of it, so I dropped the sardine jig down again but this time I hooked a nice bigger bonito. Tried to reset on the marks but the wind was picking up and my legs were tired of chasing chickens.
Have fun this weekend..."No pics so it didn't happen"...

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 03:03 PM   #2
kayakfisherman

Jim,

What's the average size of them there bonies??? Thanks!
kayakfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 03:29 PM   #3
Saba Slayer

IMHO

It's tough to say...I've heard from Greg that there were big ones roaming the canyon but the biggest I found was only about 4 lbs.
I've been fishing the skiff at Dana and Long Beach alot this season so I havent been in the Redondo/S.M. Bay area very much lately.
Love all the new recipes!!!
Keep the YT meals coming...that stuff has been WFO off the long Beach / San Pedro area the last few months. We need new ways to serve this delicious fish.
On the Lobster front...I could use a photo of your "sealion and ghetto proof bait suspender" for my seminars...Could you email it?...Thanks.

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote