Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2008, 08:02 AM   #1
sdtangler

mothership trip

My fiance is gonna buy me a mothership trip for my birthday. I have to option but must make up my mind today.

1. An OEX sponsored trip aboard the Islander, June15-17 to Todos Santos.
2.An SD Kayak Adventures (JP's Bait) sponsored trip on the Ocean Odyssey to San Clemente.

What would you guys do? Im leaning to the Todo Santos trip. I think there would be a better chance at more fish, and better quality.Let me know what your opinions are.
sdtangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:54 AM   #2
dgax65
Guerro Grande

The Islander is an excellent boat with a proven track record on mothership trips. They have equipped the Islander to handle kayaks quickly and efficiently and the crew has lots of experience on this type of trip. You can't go wrong with the Islander. Todos Santos in mid June should also provide plenty of fishing oportunities. I wanted to go on that trip, but I wasn't sure if I could take off on a weekday. I opted for the first Todos Santos trip instead.

When is the Ocean Odyssey trip? SCI in June could also be very productive. I don't know too much about the Ocean Odyssey. I talked to the guy from SD Kayak Adventures a couple of months ago and he was very positive about their operation. I guess they did some trial runs to perfect the loading/launching process. I'd like to give them a try sometime this year.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #3
sdtangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgax65 View Post
The Islander is an excellent boat with a proven track record on mothership trips. They have equipped the Islander to handle kayaks quickly and efficiently and the crew has lots of experience on this type of trip. You can't go wrong with the Islander. Todos Santos in mid June should also provide plenty of fishing oportunities. I wanted to go on that trip, but I wasn't sure if I could take off on a weekday. I opted for the first Todos Santos trip instead.

When is the Ocean Odyssey trip? SCI in June could also be very productive. I don't know too much about the Ocean Odyssey. I talked to the guy from SD Kayak Adventures a couple of months ago and he was very positive about their operation. I guess they did some trial runs to perfect the loading/launching process. I'd like to give them a try sometime this year.
The SCI on the Ocean Odyssey trip is scheduled for June 13-15. I think i was mistaken with trip days as well. June 6-8 is the correct one, Im in the same boat as you(taking week days off).Brain fart......
sdtangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:16 PM   #4
esdees
The Good Clone

First things first, make sure there are still spots available on those trips.
esdees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:46 PM   #5
dorf

I can not speak for Todos Santos as I have not been there...yet.
I was stationed on SCI for 3 years and caught tons of (large) calico, tone of sheeps head, tons of white fish, a few lings, a few WSB, YT and various other species of fish.

Either way a gift trip is an awesome way to break in that new yak of yours.

Have fun.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:36 PM   #6
GHOSTHUNTR

Hey Dorf, you ever fish with Skip Wilkinson over on SCI?
GHOSTHUNTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:45 PM   #7
aclozer

I looked at both trips and went with the June 15th Todos Santos trip. Hope to see you there.
aclozer is offline   Reply With Quote