Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 11-06-2020, 07:47 PM   #1
Southwest Kayak Fishing

Lots of Sheephead | DanaPoint, The Strand

This past Saturday Anthony, Ryan, Quang, Cesar, and I left Dana Point harbor and peddled up north to the Strand to chase down some Sheephead. It was high tide so we spread out a bit to look for some kelp to clip onto. The kelp was submerged and there wasn’t much floating around, but that was ok. The winds and current were fairly light, so when we found a productive spot it wasn’t too difficult to stay on it.

I made two moves total with the second move going back to the productive reef that I found last week. It was so good there that I called Cesar and Ryan in and then eventually Quang.

At the ended the day I went home with 4 Sheephead after catching many shorts. Cesar and Ryan caught several, and Quang pulled a limit😲

Now last week some dude gave me some garbage about “there won’t be any Sheephead left on that spot”
Well obviously the Sheephead didn’t get to read his comment🤣

On a side note Lobster tastes like Lobster and Sheephead tastes like Sheephead, but both taste great with butter👍

If you guys enjoy watching these fishing videos please consider subscribing to my channel and hitting the notification bell 😃

https://youtu.be/uL1YhZw8Wk0
Attached Images

Southwest Kayak Fishing is offline   Reply With Quote