Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
wbrewski

Heading to Catalina Sunday for a week

Any advice as to where to find WSB, YT and what to use fishing out of Little Harbor. We are going to be there a week. We have plenty of frozen squid.
wbrewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:45 PM   #2
B Slate

They get a lot of halibut inside the harbor. You might want to check out out Mark Wisch's book, In the Gray. It has all the reefs around that area and what he catches most on them. It includes the latitude/longitude #'s of the reefs too. Can't wait to hear the report.
Good Luck
B Slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #3
Matt
Support your local pangas

Damn man it should be primed out there go kil some big fish!!!
Old 06-06-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
Iceman
Administrator

Walt have fun, I like everything there is paddling left out of LIL Harbor to Ben Weston. I wanna get LOST......again.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
argoli
Junior

Thanks!

Walt, thanks for leaving me here at work with these yo-yo's Bring me back some fillets.
argoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
wbrewski

Well here is the report on Catalina Trip 2

We left on Sunday the 7 to a beatuful day. Got to Little Harbor, and the weather just craped out. We could only get out of the harbor 1 day, every other day the wind was blowing all day and night. Out of 4 guys 1 halibut was caught a 5 lb that was dinner. It was a great camping trip. Meet a new friend John. Next year I have booked the same camp sight for the middle of September.
wbrewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:38 PM   #7
Fishmadns
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrewski View Post
We left on Sunday the 7 to a beatuful day. Got to Little Harbor, and the weather just craped out. We could only get out of the harbor 1 day, every other day the wind was blowing all day and night. Out of 4 guys 1 halibut was caught a 5 lb that was dinner. It was a great camping trip. Meet a new friend John. Next year I have booked the same camp sight for the middle of September.
Hay Walt thanks for calling me a new friend! I had a good time even though the fish were not biting and the weather did not corporate. As for September I have already started on the wife
Tight Lines
John H
Fishmadns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:10 PM   #8
SeaEagle_1

and by the way that was a 5lb 13oz halibut! thank you very much! it was a great time and walt you cooked that sucker up nice! best fish dinner i ever had!

hey john did you get the pics i emailed you? still waiting on the ones you have. we will have to hook up in newport here soon! show you around.
SeaEagle_1 is offline   Reply With Quote