Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 06-27-2014, 04:42 PM   #81
Socalkayak
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
We were fishing the WFO Spotty bite just having a blast!!!! Then all of a sudden with no warning I lose my steering...We were about a mile away from camp, so it wasn't going to be too bad of a paddle back. But I opted to try to fix the problem in the field if I could. I couldn't get on the sand from where I was so I got as close to shore as I could. I found a little rocky spot in about 2 feet of water, removed bait tank and rods, opened hatch, removed steering cover, found broken steering line. Located extremely frayed broken steering line, reattached steering line with good knot. Re-routed steering line thru hull, secured line, tied knot, DONE!

Ya know it seems that if my mirage drive doesn't break, something else does....But at least my mirage drive didn't fail me this time...and if it did I was ready. I put together a little tool kit for just this type of scenario, lucky I learned to have one ready from my last Baja experience.

Either your gps is lying or mine is. I paddled it and fished it. Paddled/trolling motor. I have fished it a couple of times. My navionics track says 2.8. What did yours say. Or did you just look at it on google earth. I should say 2.8 to the reef where at low tide it kinda breaks. Did I physically land on the island no. But 2.8 to maybe 2.9 is accurate. Thanks for the tide and wind advice cause fishing by myself in Baja I would have never thought of that. No I am not on a TEAM.. But I have fished once and I stayed at a Holliday Inn.
Socalkayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:05 PM   #82
Fish n Jeep

What a great adventure. Looks like a blast, I'm interested in going next time.
Fish n Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:10 PM   #83
Team Sewer

Stinkymatt's kamp-rite was vandalized during the Gonzaga trip

Team Sewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:38 PM   #84
Team Sewer

Sometimes.......................its not the fishing that matters, but the adventure

Last edited by Team Sewer; 06-28-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Team Sewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:09 PM   #85
momo fish

Awesome trip guys! Looks like a blast. Have you guys thought about BOLA? I go every early oct and water gets deep between shore and islands and great fishing and diving as well.
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:34 AM   #86
TheBentRod

You guys know how to have fun!
TheBentRod is offline   Reply With Quote