Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2007, 09:43 PM   #21
Pescavore1

[quote=tylerdurden;10201]My whole take is don't let the reports dictate when you fish. quote]

Good point. You never know when the bite will start or when it will shut down. Go when you can.

I debated about going till midnight the night before. Glad I went because I finally got a yellowtail on the iron.
Pescavore1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:03 AM   #22
madscientist

If you want real time info it is very simple, get out on the water! Any day can be the day, regardless of what the reports have been saying (or not saying). If you go by the reports you'll end up hearing "You should have been here yesterday" more than you would like. Of course, as we go into summer this will all be largely moot.

Last edited by madscientist; 02-19-2007 at 02:36 PM.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:12 AM   #23
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

what Brad said.

I only posted my round up becuase the window was closing with this weather, and the fact many others had posted letting the cat out of the bag. If you still want to be internet famous, just post a wrap up a month later. The majority of people on the boards are just internet fisherman who only show up when the reports are good. If you post the report well after the fact you'll still get all the kudos and signs you want. Saturday morning was perfect. Me, Brad and Patrick were the only ones out in the dark along with a tin can. Sunday was a nightmare. As we left the pier I could see boats squidlights everywhere. Also it's more of a problem over the winter I think. The winter spots are smaller, while in the summer the fish are all over the kelp line.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote