Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2021, 09:37 AM   #1
StrikerMC
Instagram:@nomad.waterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal311 View Post
I think biggest red was $900 and biggest long was a new rod. My 21” red that day was 1/2” shy of the prize.
DANG! Such good prizes and you got so close!! I got a 21" red as my first fish on Thursday fishing 230' but no reds that big after that. The fish out there are huge, down here in OC I had to grind hard for a 20"er last year.
StrikerMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 11:26 AM   #2
Raskal311

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerMC View Post
DANG! Such good prizes and you got so close!! I got a 21" red as my first fish on Thursday fishing 230' but no reds that big after that. The fish out there are huge, down here in OC I had to grind hard for a 20"er last year.
You know I never even submitted my fish because someone said oner the radio they had a 24” on the boat. Bastard fooed me lol.
Old 04-08-2021, 11:42 AM   #3
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal311 View Post
You know I never even submitted my fish because someone said oner the radio they had a 24” on the boat. Bastard fooed me lol.
I have lost out on tournament awards over hearsay also.... always submit your catches -- you never know. Once won the 4th place kayak and a $1700 Calcutta with a 6lb fish.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 02:02 PM   #4
StrikerMC
Instagram:@nomad.waterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
I have lost out on tournament awards over hearsay also.... always submit your catches -- you never know. Once won the 4th place kayak and a $1700 Calcutta with a 6lb fish.
I was in a spearfishing tournament back in 2017 and shot two yellowtail. One was right up against the coastline and I forgot to bring food so I cut it up and ate it on the boat. A couple hours later I shoot one around 5lbs under a paddy (I have this video on my Instagram waaaaay back in there) and we heard on the radio people were shooting yellows and dorados so we thought it wasn't worth weighing it in. My buddies even thought about eating it on board too. But on our way back in to DP harbor I was like, screw it, I just want to weigh it anyways. Boom, 3rd place fish and $200 for my team. A 5lb yellow. Lol.
StrikerMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:51 PM   #5
Raskal311

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerMC View Post
I was in a spearfishing tournament back in 2017 and shot two yellowtail. One was right up against the coastline and I forgot to bring food so I cut it up and ate it on the boat. A couple hours later I shoot one around 5lbs under a paddy (I have this video on my Instagram waaaaay back in there) and we heard on the radio people were shooting yellows and dorados so we thought it wasn't worth weighing it in. My buddies even thought about eating it on board too. But on our way back in to DP harbor I was like, screw it, I just want to weigh it anyways. Boom, 3rd place fish and $200 for my team. A 5lb yellow. Lol.
lol nice
Old 04-09-2021, 01:54 PM   #6
Jxjones

Nice bag...thanks for sharing.
Jxjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 07:13 AM   #7
Jkfishing

Fresh and Salty

The fishing group on Facebook is Fresh and Salty.
Jkfishing is offline   Reply With Quote