Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 11:45 AM   #1
HookFynn

<FW:> Tide Tables

Below is a copy of my reply to a thread on another forum regarding tide tables.

"In the spirit of the question, I had our Webmaster add a section to our website that links directly to the 2 best resources I know of for tidal information. Go to http://www.hookfynn.com and click on TIDES. On that page you will find 2 links. The left one will take you to the California Kayak Friends tide and weather resource, and the other will take you to the NOAA (National Oceanographic & Atmospheric Agency) website.

On the CKF page you will need to scroll down a little to see the link to tides predicition. I recommend the "text" version on that site because it will also provide you with times for sunrise and set, as well as moon phase info. Also, note the Weather Channel function at the top of the page.

The NOAA site is the one I use to get my tide info usually. It is also one of the sites the U.S. Coast Guard uses because the changes are calculated daily and as such, its usually VERY accurate.

Be sure to bookmark the TIDES page on our website. We plan on adding several other useful utilities in the near future.

Bryan
HookFynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
sbsyncro

Thanks Bryan - some great linkage, there!

Hey - anyone ever heard of "solunar tables"? Field & Stream publishes them every month, and I always look at them with interest, but have never tried to time fishing to them.

Also, I notice at www.solunar.com they offer a subscription service where they will provide customized tables.

Most of us wonder why some days the bass are on the bite, and others days they won't even take the tastiest live squid dangled in front of their nose... I wonder if this might have something to do with it....
sbsyncro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #3
HookFynn

I have indeed heard of Solunar tables. After you mentioned it, I did a little searching and found a section on the Field & Stream website that allows you to enter your zip-code and it gives you the graph and predictions for the week. I added it to the TIDES page on our site. It worked fine for the last few days but tonight the website they get the feed from appears to be down.

Like I said, be sure to bookmark that page because I already have a few other links prepped to go on there.

Avast ye,

El Capitan
HookFynn is offline   Reply With Quote