Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #21
-scallywag-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithers View Post
Just doing a sanity check here; are waves that small really considered "bad conditions"? Was he maybe talking about high wind instead? If I saw dinky waves like that I'd think "perfect!"

Again, I'm not trying to put down the guy in the vid at all. I'm asking because I want to make sure I'm not going to act overconfident. I learned a lot from that video. While I practiced a self-rescue in the pool before going out, I didn't appreciate how hard it might be to flip a boat back over in choppy water. (But a Revo 11 has got to be a lot easier than a PA...) Thanks.

hahaha...no, not bad conditions....thats maybe 1' wind chop and it doesnt even look like its whitecapping offshore...i really don't see any "surf" but to each his own....with a little practice, fishing in those conditions even with some 2-3' surf thrown in, should be no issue on the revo.

also i have fished a few revos, adventures, and outbacks in the past and never had any serious leakage in the front hatch....if you r getting over a gallon in the hull you may be missing a seal on one of your hatches.
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote