Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2014, 11:19 AM   #1
buddha

Anyone Fish For Smallies Here?

http://www.paddlingcalifornia.com/Pyramind_Lake.html

Anyone fish this lake for smallmouth before?
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
Lipripper92592

I've fished for stripers there a few times and caught a few smallmouth as bycatch.
Off the points are where I was getting hit, trolling an umbrella rig with swimbait jigs.
It's get windy there, very windy.
Lipripper92592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #3
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

I have been considering it for some time now looks like fun.

http://www.somalicruises.com/

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

Last edited by bus kid; 11-21-2014 at 12:51 PM. Reason: ohhh you said Smallies,I read Somalies sorry my bad.
bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:40 PM   #4
brew
I Exercise Fish

I fished a bass tournament there last year and caught a nice 4lber off one of the points. there was a big mud/silt cloud and he bit a brown worm on the dropshot as I dragged it slowly from the brown water into the clear.

This is my only experience fishing that lake though, and I have heard that Pyramid is a tough lake to fish from some experienced bass anglers.

I want to fish the bottom bay? at Castaic sometime. heard there are a bunch of monsters in there.
brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 11:18 PM   #5
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
I fished a bass tournament there last year and caught a nice 4lber off one of the points. there was a big mud/silt cloud and he bit a brown worm on the dropshot as I dragged it slowly from the brown water into the clear.

This is my only experience fishing that lake though, and I have heard that Pyramid is a tough lake to fish from some experienced bass anglers.

I want to fish the bottom bay? at Castaic sometime. heard there are a bunch of monsters in there.
Having lived out here in Santa Clarita for over 30+ years! I've had opportunities to fish Pyramid with Tourney Bass Angler's and yes it can be a B!+c# to fish. I've had better luck fishing "Jailbirds" while up there.
Castaic's afterbay used to produce many monsters over the years when they used to use it for Tourney weigh-ins and released the fish there rather than back in the Main Lake. Since there are no size limitations on what you can keep, sadly I can say I have personally seen many 5+#'s and even some pushing 10#'s taken home by people who don't understand that these are NOT stocked fish.
The annual Float Tube Tournaments are no longer producing the hefty weights they used to when these tourneys began back in the early-mid '90's. It used to be the "BigFish" prize would always be over 8+#'s, now I can't remember a time when there was a fish over 5#'s. Any fish over 2#'s (or any LMB) is becoming rare which is why I'm not as much into LMB there any longer.
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote