Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2014, 11:24 AM   #21
steveoh

Sunday....anyone?

Anyone want to go Sunday? I've never fished there and kinda don't want to solo...
steveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:32 AM   #22
socal.beach.bum

Haven't fished CL since last year I think, haven't heard much about it since the tuna bites been crazy this year. Anyone know if the squid have shown up at CL yet? Might need to go on a ghost hunt if that's the case.
socal.beach.bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:37 AM   #23
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveoh View Post
Anyone want to go Sunday? I've never fished there and kinda don't want to solo...
If you're going, I might just have to go there! I'm anxious to get a kayak yt. Going to put 6x scrambled egg to work!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #24
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal.beach.bum View Post
Haven't fished CL since last year I think, haven't heard much about it since the tuna bites been crazy this year. Anyone know if the squid have shown up at CL yet? Might need to go on a ghost hunt if that's the case.
According to the folks on BD, they have shown up there.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:45 AM   #25
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Yellowtail SUP Fishing 11-14: http://youtu.be/lpqsYdQb5dk

Old 11-21-2014, 11:45 AM   #26
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

This dude gottem over there

Old 11-21-2014, 12:02 PM   #27
socal.beach.bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty View Post
If you're going, I might just have to go there! I'm anxious to get a kayak yt. Going to put 6x scrambled egg to work!

If the winds don't pick up like last weekend, might see you guys out there sunday.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:06 PM   #28
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
If the winds don't pick up like last weekend, might see you guys out there sunday.
Last week it was calm and flat until about 9, then all hell broke loose! Hope it's good out there!

Old 11-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #29
chxh8me

Quote:

Squid have been there for a while. The light boats had been hammering them for weeks, but they must have got their quota, cuz they are gone now. I haven't been able to make any squid for bait, but it hasnt been needed. Dead works just fine. Last few times I didn't bother bringing a sabiki or squid jig with me.

The WSB bite never materialized like it did the past two summers (and any summers before then). They are around, and being caught here and there... but YT have definitely taken over.
chxh8me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #30
socal.beach.bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by chxh8me View Post
Squid have been there for a while. The light boats had been hammering them for weeks, but they must have got their quota, cuz they are gone now. I haven't been able to make any squid for bait, but it hasnt been needed. Dead works just fine. Last few times I didn't bother bringing a sabiki or squid jig with me.

The WSB bite never materialized like it did the past two summers (and any summers before then). They are around, and being caught here and there... but YT have definitely taken over.
Yeah the WSB fishing was epic those two years. Buddy and I would go almost every weekend, and limited out each time. Smallest was probably 25#
Old 11-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #31
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chxh8me View Post

Sweet, thanks for the Intel. I'm hoping for YT, so I don't mind if they've taken over! !!

Old 11-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #32
BottomFeederPeter
Junior

County Line

I'd like to join too if there is a group going out this weekend! Sunday is looking best as of now but I'm willing to tweak my schedule for Saturday. Couch space available in Long Beach if anyone wants to come up from down south.
Pete
BottomFeederPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:53 PM   #33
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BottomFeederPeter View Post
I'd like to join too if there is a group going out this weekend! Sunday is looking best as of now but I'm willing to tweak my schedule for Saturday. Couch space available in Long Beach if anyone wants to come up from down south.
Pete
I don't know how much experience you have... IF you have none or very little, I can say for sure that County line is not a place for you. Not trying to keep you or any one else away...but it is without a doubt dangerous. Just try'n to save you some pain. Otherwise have fun out there!
Old 11-21-2014, 03:17 PM   #34
BottomFeederPeter
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
I don't know how much experience you have... IF you have none or very little, I can say for sure that County line is not a place for you. Not trying to keep you or any one else away...but it is without a doubt dangerous. Just try'n to save you some pain. Otherwise have fun out there!
I appreciate your concern for sure. Is the danger due to swell?

Everything on my boat stashes or lashes. I swim just about every time I fish so no worries with re-entry. That and I surf so I'm no stranger to navigating waves (and taking a few on the head every now and again).

I fish Newport and Long Beach mostly and have been wanting to explore north of PV. I am certainly lacking experience in that sense. What would your suggestion be for no hassle launching in the area?

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2014, 03:42 PM   #35
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Anyone fish this spot?

Deep Hole34.01.49 / 118.57.53

Heard this is the spot. Guess it's an old train depot that got dumped there.

Old 11-21-2014, 04:06 PM   #36
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BottomFeederPeter View Post
I appreciate your concern for sure. Is the danger due to swell?

Everything on my boat stashes or lashes. I swim just about every time I fish so no worries with re-entry. That and I surf so I'm no stranger to navigating waves (and taking a few on the head every now and again).

I fish Newport and Long Beach mostly and have been wanting to explore north of PV. I am certainly lacking experience in that sense. What would your suggestion be for no hassle launching in the area?

Thanks!

The surf can be really really big at county, when its big and your out there...your gonna be sorry you were ever born. So if your hell bent on getting out there pick your day wisely and come back in as soon as the weather/swell starts to look bad..otherwise you might pay the price. Leo Carrillo is an easier launch but is covered in rocks and boulders.... so if you crash there...you'll be sorry, in more ways than one.

You have to have some sort of launch and landing experience before you go otherwise a mistake can cost you, and even if you have experience you can still crash and get fucked up.

be careful
Old 11-21-2014, 04:38 PM   #37
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Thanks for the advise Tony. I saw the rocks and is my main concern, hence the reason I started this thread. Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated!

Old 11-21-2014, 04:46 PM   #38
BottomFeederPeter
Junior

Sounds serious, consider me warned.

Silbaugh, I'm always game for fishing in a group. Let me know what you decide.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:47 PM   #39
socal.beach.bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
The surf can be really really big at county, when its big and your out there...your gonna be sorry you were ever born. So if your hell bent on getting out there pick your day wisely and come back in as soon as the weather/swell starts to look bad..otherwise you might pay the price. Leo Carrillo is an easier launch but is covered in rocks and boulders.... so if you crash there...you'll be sorry, in more ways than one.

You have to have some sort of launch and landing experience before you go otherwise a mistake can cost you, and even if you have experience you can still crash and get fucked up.

be careful
X2

Surfers litter this spot for a reason. If your not use to surf launches definitely be prepared to get rolled a few times.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:39 PM   #40
yak-fishing-socal
kayak fishing socal

Dude Los Alamitos Bay easy paddle out...and as for fishing grounds anywhere in the ocean is good... We should go out some time we could go to Newport to...
yak-fishing-socal is offline   Reply With Quote