Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2015, 02:33 PM   #1
nickc5

Alaska Chronicles: Day 1

Been in contact with Kardinal_84 for over a month now, and I'm damn glad i have been. Badass dude who puts in work catching fish.

Landed into Anchorage at 1am, had a beer and some dinner, and made the trek down to RW's Fishing lodge for my 5 night stay with 3 salmon charters trip that i won in a trout tournament earlier this year. Made it to RW's, unpacked, and off i was to Whiskey Gulch.

Running on no sleep, I powered through the drive and finally met up with him. 6+hours of driving and after a long day of travel going straight into kayak fishing in Alaska? Maybe I am crazy.

To make a long story short, ENDLESS halibut action. At one point, I was releasing a 30 pounder so i can get one bigger. That didn't end up happening this time around, so I had to stop being greedy and start bagging some fish. We also caught several weird looking Sculpin.

At the end of all this, we ended up 4.5 miles off shore and at one point, 11 miles away from the launch. The current was absolutely insane but with a flat, calm sea. I'm absolutely wrecked but so pumped Rudy put me on some fish.

To be continued...
nickc5 is offline   Reply With Quote