Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #21
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by taggermike View Post
That might have been the same female LG I dealt with a few weeks ago. Tall, thin, brown hair, looked like she has never smiled once in her whole life....... "Then you'll have to park over there and carry your kayak". She's pointing like 5 parking places back on the street....... The LGs have a tough job to do in the summer and they can't tell who knows how to drive in the sand.... Mike
Yep. She told me the same thing about my truck. My F350 4WD Warthog of a truck. But figuring that she has a lot to be "in control" about, I still chose the 'high-road' and politely agreed as I drove onto the sand. I guess after seeing the daylight under my truck she figured I was going to make it out. No Worries!
Attached Images

RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #22
jimbo

Beach sharing

One of lifeguards gave me hard time early this summer- told me i was not allowed to turn around on the beach or back up bc i did not hav spotter. Also told me i could not go on beach in 2wd vehicle any more . I think lifeguards get stressed with heavy foot traffic n cars going fast to avoid getting stuck. Ive not been stuck in 8 yrs but hav complied bc i think its a mess in summer n trying to go w flow n make it work. I just wheel my yak unless early or late in day. labor day will be here soon n crowds will diminish again. Hallelujah!

However, there are related problems with sharing beach in summer. I'd like to have signs on Avenida De La Playa directing pedestrians to walk only on sidewalk on south side of street. And why not put some steps and entry way for pedestrian kayak renters right there at end of sidewalk? It's very dangerous for groups of kayak renters to walk in front of car path onto beach. When people are in big herds like that their awareness n intelligence decreases - they need more idiotproofing. I fear an accident will happen, someone will get seriously hurt, n we may lose access to our launch site. Lose lose lose.

Sorry for thread jack Jim. Glad u had good karma.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #23
Nic D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRabasco View Post
I want to hear what Moyer Caught!!!! Skunk for me today except for 6 large reds on live squid - Big ones!!!
Moyer didn't catch one but he did hook and hand one to my dad (and it was a good one). I'll post photos as soon as I can.

instagram - @DRAGO619
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote