Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2015, 06:38 PM   #1
Amish Ed

Mission Bay, 7-17-15

Launched from the ramp at SKi Beach with Landwhale about 6:30 this morning. Wind was out of the west with a bit a cloud cover. Water ranged from 67º-72º depending on the time and spot. Water was pretty clear. Though it wasn't slow overall, it felt very slow to me because of how the fish came in.

I was working the bouy line on the speed controlled side and it was good fishing. By 8:00 I had 20 spotties and 1 short Butt. All came on the Sexy Mullet 5" Paddlerz on a 3/8oz silver Warbait head. Farmed quite a few and lost one when I went to pull it out of the water.

Then the switched flipped and it went to a very slow pick. By 10:00 I had 8 more fish and got most on a 3" Flurry in Minnow Magic on a 3/8oz silver Warbait head. And couple were on a 5" New Penny Paddlerz on a 3/8oz Warbait in Burnt. All baits had Hot Sauce for flavor.

Between 10:00 and 11:30 when we called it quits I got ZERO. Maybe 4 bites. Talk about going into a slump. And that's why it felt like such a slow day.

So, it was an ok day overall. Boat and jet ski traffic was pretty heavy, but manageable. We had originally planned for fishing the Pipe in Dana Pt, but figured the launch ramp would be a zoo. Judging by what we saw of Capo Beach on the way home, I'm sure it was.

As always, good to fish with Steve and I look forward to whatever next week brings.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:22 AM   #2
Scoot
Scoot

Thanks for the report Ed
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:51 PM   #3
Amish Ed

Heck, someone needs to leave all those Pelagics alone