Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Bass Fishing Discussion

Old 08-23-2017, 09:59 PM   #1
45user

Castaic lake striper fishing on kayak

Has anyone tried fishing for striper boil at castaic lake? Is it doable on your kayak? I've been to castaic a quite few times for bass fishing but I've only seen one kayak fisherman there. He was fishing for LMB.
Can anyone with experience please share their thoughts/knowledge?
Thinking about hitting there this Friday after checking with the marina about the kayak rule
Thanks in advance!
45user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:14 AM   #2
Jizzling

I've fished there a few times on my kayak before the water level was raised. Never caught shit obviously but its doable. Launched from the west ramp ( I think its west. Wherever they rent the boats at) Havent gone back since but I have a buddy of mine that has a boat and he seems to be catching every trip he goes to, both LMB and stripers.
Jizzling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:50 AM   #3
Denis_Ruso

Totally doable but only during the week. Its summer and the weekends are full of idiot boaters throwing wakes left and right. Too much lake traffic for the fish to show.

I do not fear the storm as it will teach me how to sail my ship.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:09 AM   #4
45user

Called the lake and the lady said that lifeguards will sometimes may limit the launch of kayak due to weather condition, number of boaters and kayaker's experience. She said Saturday and Sunday most likely not going to be able to launch in upper lake. Tomorrow is also taking chance
Maybe try again during the weekdays...
Thank you all for your advices!
Brian
Old 08-24-2017, 02:31 PM   #5
Iceman
Administrator

last time there I had a total moron buzz me in their wake board boat..........just stupid close.

I would plan to get off the water by noon to avoid the clueless. I like that lake for targeting stripers. Make sure kayak is bone dry, I got denied entry once for a little bit of water inside and another time because it was too windy to launch.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:45 PM   #6
45user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
last time there I had a total moron buzz me in their wake board boat..........just stupid close.

I would plan to get off the water by noon to avoid the clueless. I like that lake for targeting stripers. Make sure kayak is bone dry, I got denied entry once for a little bit of water inside and another time because it was too windy to launch.
Two things the lady pointed out, bone dry and the weather.
Thank you!
Brian