Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
Amish Ed

very slow today

Last week seemed slow today was slow. Launched from the ramp about 7am and went straight to the pipe. Offshores were blowing pretty good and it was kinda cold. The wind chop was up and the water felt about 58º.

Started in 50' and drifted out to about 58' did this drift for a while, then tried in shallower. Took 1.5oz to get to the bottom and stay there. For the first 3hrs I had 2 whole fish. At least they were decent sized, one sandy and one calico. The last hour I got 3 more bass and a sculpin. Then the onshores started going pretty good and called it a day at 11:15 and headed home. Really slow today, I mean I farmed one and had maybe 5 other bites that I missed. Tried almost every color I have and the fish just did not want to play. The only colors to get bit today were Redfish, Gold Chovy, and Sea Food. 3" or 4" didn't seem to matter. Everything had Hot Sauce on it. The funny thing was that usually I don't meter many fish, but today I saw lots.

BTW, tons of cormorants out today, but no pelicans. One seal lion and that was it for wildlife. Well hopefully next week is better.

[IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/IQP*Cftg9TRBqtJJPwgXqlOCAvuOviPSrdWy4GZHm9CLRXVhjc Vgi*NSmBIo2fgYch3dyRiPkXFFTfqkGZMcqd1LjU46PuaB/100_0207.JPG[/IMG]