Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 11-13-2017, 08:02 AM   #1
crashcrow

LJ 11/11 Awesome Day

Couldn't have asked for a better day. Had a little trouble making bait but found a few macs. Lots of floating kelp on the inside made it a bit hard to keep my live bait clean so we headed outside and fished the bottom. Water was clear and 62-63 degrees. A fellow fisherman on a skiff stopped by and unloaded his sardines in my yak on his way in. We fished live bait on the way in and scored a nice Calico to end the day. Everything else was caught on plastics and irons. Had to say it was a good day.

Totals

1 LINGCOD 30"
1 CALICO 17"
8 Nice Reds
1 Keeper Bonita (not pictured, was still on ice)
1 Octopus.
Attached Images

crashcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:05 AM   #2
crashcrow

Not sure why the pics are upside down...
Old 11-13-2017, 08:06 AM   #3
sdyeti

Well Done!

Also, props to the skiff sharing what they didn't use before they went in. That's a super nice thing to do.
sdyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:18 AM   #4
crashcrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdyeti View Post
Well Done!

Also, props to the skiff sharing what they didn't use before they went in. That's a super nice thing to do.
Thank You. I was pumped on the live bait as well! Been having really good luck with the plastics and irons but always nice to have some live stuff.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:41 PM   #5
Ggiannig89

Man that’s a great day in my book! That is some good eats. One of those rockfish sort of look like a Boccaccio.
Ggiannig89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:42 AM   #6
NICKWORN

HMMMMM

I was out there Saturday as well and managed some reds,sheephead( female released ) and of course the over populated Bonito school. I did keep a tagged Whitefish which had " reward" written on it, Scripps has yet to return my call. I only saw 2 other kayaks both in PA's. When did you launch? I was fishing 120-160' straight out from the condo on a nice lobster pot.
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:12 AM   #7
crashcrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKWORN View Post
I was out there Saturday as well and managed some reds,sheephead( female released ) and of course the over populated Bonito school. I did keep a tagged Whitefish which had " reward" written on it, Scripps has yet to return my call. I only saw 2 other kayaks both in PA's. When did you launch? I was fishing 120-160' straight out from the condo on a nice lobster pot.
We launched just before sunrise and stayed close together all day. I have 2 older Outbacks in a Dodge Diesel. We headed to the pier for bait and then headed west, fished 180-200 feet most of the day. Worked our way to the northwest corner and then back in... I caught a tagged Calico a few years back. They were able to tell me when and where they tagged it and the size. They put your name in a raffle for a gas card for the information.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:14 AM   #8
PapaDave

Nice catch!
Old 11-14-2017, 04:54 PM   #9
dos ballenas
Vampyroteuthis infernalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKWORN View Post
Cool tag recapture!

The researcher from Scripps that answers these kinda calls is out of town this week at a conference. He will be in touch soon I bet....

I might be able to put you in touch with another person before then that can get you the taggin data. Let me know via pm.

Owyn

dos ballenas is offline   Reply With Quote