Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2017, 02:32 PM   #1
Mr_Fixit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazzyGar View Post
You rigged your anchor incorrectly....!!!

I've worked on Charter boats and owned many boats. Never have a anchor without chain and never connect it to the top of the anchor....!!!

Option #1
Connect to the nose/end and use wire or zip tie to the other end.... Something that you can breakaway when pulling up HARD. Then the other end that is connected solid will pull it out the opposite direction.

Option #2
Tie a rope or cable from each end with a Ring or QUIK link that will slide from noise to tail... Connect you chain to the ring or quick link. This way you don't have to pull hard to break the wire or zip tie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tips. I just ordered a new anchor and line. Once it arrives, I am going to find some suitable zips and rig it per Option #1.

Gonna head to Fast Lane this weekend and chat with them about the sail. I want to physically see it, how its rigged, how it works, and see if its going to cause any issues. Per everyones comments, I dont think it will, but I like to be cautions with such things.
Mr_Fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:02 AM   #2
Mr_Fixit

Ok. Got my new anchor but have to test out and select some Zip Ties (Thanks again for the tips on that).

Visited the awesome dudes at Fast Lane on Sunday and walked out with my new sail and sidekicks. I watched a few videos on youtube and really like some of the rigging setups some dudes have, especially the furling kit (On order from Amazon). The idea of running the control line through the stern and hand holding it just struck me as problematic. So, I am going to get two clip on pulleys (So I can take them off for when I load my yak on my car) and a rope latch so my control like does not get lost when the sail is furled.
Mr_Fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:26 AM   #3
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

I parked my PA near some boilers off Capo, and when some bigger sets came through I needed to pull up quick but found it a big mistake to drop on the reefs because my anchor was stuck good. I was ready to cut the rope before I got rolled but gave it one last hard pull and I felt it pop and the anchor came up. Totally forgot but stoked to find I had a installed a zip-tie on the top of the anchor.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote