Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 12-06-2015, 12:15 PM   #121
FISH11

Talking

Looks like a super event for a great cause. I'm sorry I had to work and couldn't make it. Seeing the pictures here, makes me wish even more that I had been able to make it there. I bet if that Red Bikini had been donate as a raffle prize, the grand total might have been doubled. Ha Ha Ha!
Old 12-06-2015, 03:35 PM   #122
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

It was cool seeing so many guys stacked out along the Pipe. The fish didn't seem to cooperate very much, same with the weather, but it's always good to see so many of us gathering in light competition for a good cause. Oh, and that red bikini has nothing on Yanni's tacos, amazing! There were many happy fisherman's bellies.

Thanks to the organizers, volunteers, donators, and participants for making this event a success for Steve. It was nice to meet him, and I'm glad to have contributed in my small part to his cause. You got this Steve, and a lot of people and I wish you the best.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 04:33 PM   #123
Hunters Pa

Looking forward to the "Steve is in remission" tournament.

Great to see some faces I haven't seen in a long time and to meet some new ones.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 04:37 PM   #124
octico

It was a lot of fun out there. This was really special, I amazed at how many raffle tickets were purchased!

--John
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 04:58 PM   #125
Amish Ed

Thank you Paul for getting this going and making this happen for Steve and Heather. What an awesome day and it was great to see so many of the old guard out there. Great to meet so many people who's posts i've seen, but never met also.

I too look forward to next year when we can all fish with Steve again.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:25 PM   #126
tattuna

$350!?!? That's awesome! Happy I could help out.

Right after I paddled out of the harbor I got a call from a nursing home saying my dad was non responsive. He's been battling colon cancer for 17 years and declining lately. Turned around and poked inside the harbor waiting for a follow up call and when it came the voice on the other end said "He has expired".

I wish I could've stayed longer. It was cool seeing everyone in the morning and great we could help Steve. Fu*k Cancer!
Old 12-06-2015, 06:10 PM   #127
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattuna View Post

Right after I paddled out of the harbor I got a call from a nursing home saying my dad was non responsive. He's been battling colon cancer for 17 years and declining lately. Turned around and poked inside the harbor waiting for a follow up call and when it came the voice on the other end said "He has expired".

I wish I could've stayed longer. It was cool seeing everyone in the morning and great we could help Steve. Fu*k Cancer!

I guess I'll be the first one here to say how sorry I am you lost your dad. Charles, you are definitely a tribute to what a wonderful man he was. Your always there to help out a needy group and or person, like Steve. I'm sure he is very proud of you and what you've done. We're all lucky to have such a wonderful, generous and talented guy like you in our community.

God bless you and your family Charles.

Tony.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:26 PM   #128
Saba Slayer

X2

X 2...Well said Tony...
"I guess I'll be the first one here to say how sorry I am you lost your dad. Charles, you are definitely a tribute to what a wonderful man he was. Your always there to help out a needy group and or person, like Steve. I'm sure he is very proud of you and what you've done. We're all lucky to have such a wonderful, generous and talented guy like you in our community.

God bless you and your family Charles".

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:35 AM   #129
momo fish

Sorry to hear about your loss Charles... Heard about it once I landed near the end...

Great turnout for our buddy Steve and as always fun to see and talk to old faces and just share a laugh...

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:04 AM   #130
PAL

Quote:

Those of us who heard were all saddened for your loss. Tony said it well - your father has a fine man for a son. He lives on in you.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:06 AM   #131
PAL

Big thanks to Kayak Fish Magazine for picking up the Shootout for Steven Green Kayak Fishing Friendly tournament report. KF also donated several sets of tie-down straps and a stack of the latest print edition. Good people - I know, I loved my time working with them.

http://www.kayakfishmag.com/news/kay...green-tourney/
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:03 PM   #132
Amish Ed

Sorry for your loss Charles.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:43 PM   #133
Mahigeer

Please accept my condolences too.

Though we never met, I feel being part of this community makes us a family.

Your found memories of the good times with him will keep him alive in a way.

May he rest in peace.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 04:32 PM   #134
Harry Hill

Charles, we haven't met yet but I'm still sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose loved ones even when we know it's coming.
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 11:28 AM   #135
Amish Ed

A slide show from Sat...https://youtu.be/RFXEyDkOiks