Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2015, 02:44 PM   #1
domtesta27

County Line tomorrow

Hey so I am demoing my first kayak tomorrow morning from kayakobsessions, and am planning on taking it down to county line to fish the kelp. Anyone in the ventura county area want to come join me? Gonna focus mainly on flyfishing but gonna be all the conventional gear as well. Apparently the WSB bite has been wide open. send me a PM
domtesta27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 02:52 PM   #2
2-Stix

the surf will be 4-6' tomorrow. its a rough beach launch. have everything lashed down and be ready to get wet. the wsb are not working there but the yellowtail are. hit and miss at that. one day hot, 2 days cold etc... i been out there a few times in the last 2 weeks. slow bite days. the group i was with were all skunked the 3 days i was out. the party boats got a few. i am going to launch at leo and make bait and peddle up to deep hole and drift back at the end of the day. run live and toss irons. it will be a zoo i am sure.
2-Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 07:02 PM   #3
socal.beach.bum

Hammerhead bit a kayaker at CL today.
socal.beach.bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 07:44 PM   #4
Aznronin

Surf is big and you will get hurt trying to launch out of an tough place like county. Test it in a harbor or you will get hammered. In more ways than one.
Aznronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 04:05 PM   #5
2-Stix

We looked at Leo for about 45 mins. Long periods, but some sets closing out the bay. Went and looked at County. Worse. Bigger and tighter times. About 10 boats out. 1 yak. I pulled the plug on the beatings and we went north and fishing some break walls...not much action there unfortunately. Its been a slow go for the last 6-7 trips out.
2-Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:03 AM   #6
StinkyMatt

When you demo your yak ask the guy who is selling it to you about going to County on your first trip.

I guarantee 100% he (good guy,)will tell you nkot to do it.

Go somewhere easier on your first time.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:51 AM   #7
TJones

Congratulations on your new yak

I have a friend who I would classify as a very strong paddler and I am sure he would pass on this launch date . Do yourself a favor and take your yak to Lj , bay , or marina if you need to get it wet. It is a high surf prediction for most of the so cal beaches. I believe west facing beaches are being hit the hardest ? There is what is called ideal kayak launch spots like Lj that have a gradual slope, and also the opposite . Places like county that pitch and dump fairly rapidly . The surf is probably 4-8 ft all of this week . If you want to have some fun , leave gear in vehicle for a few , and take some practice runs unladen . Leave waders on shore . Hope to see you on water soon .
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:55 AM   #8
TJones

If you insist on going

Take unofishgood . He is an expert . He will lead by example .
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote