Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2011, 04:22 PM   #21
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 View Post
uhh, wheres the water...?...nice rig pic

I was thinking the same thing.
Do the racks bolt to the shell or are they clamped on like everything else. that craigslist add posted earlier was tempting but i dont want to drill holes in a $1000. snug top.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #22
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha View Post
Hey Bud dont you sell your bug YOU WOULD BE SORRRRRRRYYYYYY.

Sold my 71 bus about 6 months ago and now i miss it. Still have my 81 camper. I know what it means when you need help to lift that kayak on the roof of the van. I need to find out when you guys go out to join you and get help lifting my kayak..

I agree with Sasha....you might want to hold on to that puppy right now. My neighbor sold his Honda Civic just a few months before gas prices went up, now he has no choice but to drive his Tundra EVERYWHERE he goes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gas.jpg (12.3 KB, 50 views)
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #23
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I agree with Sasha....you might want to hold on to that puppy right now. My neighbor sold his Honda Civic just a few months before gas prices went up, now he has no choice but to drive his Tundra EVERYWHERE he goes.
The bug has a 2332 with a pro street trans it gets 12 mpg if I can keep it under 90. I haven't gone that slow since I graduated H.S way back in 1996
The Titan so far is averaging 18 mpg on 89 oct, the bug needs at least 97. $4.00 a gallon, hahaha I was paying that 6 months ago.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #24
bigbarrels

the Yakima kayak rack clamps directly to the wilderness rack system (interchangeable with Thule as well).....the water in this shot was about 100 yards behind us....... estuary near Punta Abreojos
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:58 AM   #25
TCS

The thing I like about an SUV is that I can load the kayak onto the roof and put all my gear inside the locked vehicle the night before I go. Then in the morning I just make a cup of tea and roll. I've looked at pickups because the fishy smell wouldn't risk getting into the cab, but it doesn't seem like I'll be able to load up the night before I fish.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #26
mermaidhunter
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagyak View Post
ya too bad you just don't have the time to hit the water now after you got that nice titan. hit me up ray, we are planning on going out soon.

tim

Hey tim give me a call. I came down with the flu and just found out my moms cane down with pnemonia so I'll be outta commission for a week. I'm
still looking for my hobie and I know it's out there just waiting patienly. I really don't want to be paddling while you guys are peddling. Btw know anyone selling and extra VHF? The finacee freaking out about me going out into the pacific.
mermaidhunter is offline   Reply With Quote