Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2018, 11:31 PM   #1
Apex Predator
pushpt.com

Catalina Kayak Fish Odyssey 100 - Now Accepting Applications

Two years ago this October I Kayaked Solo from San Pedro to Catalina at Parsons Landing to fish, spearfish and go lobster diving with friends. It was the trip of a lifetime and there is barely a day that goes by where I don’t think of It. But as soon as I got back I started to think of the possibilities of circumnavigating Catalina while fishing and Camping along the way at the many beach campsites in Catalina. I posted a write up about my adventure http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=27520 and after received many messages from the BWE community asking me, that if I ever did it again, they were in, ….well gentlemen now is the time.
I would like to invite 1-5 VERY STRONG kayakers and seasoned fishermen only to:

The Catalina Kayak Fish Odyssey 100 aka: Cata-Yak 100

Date: October 11-16th
or if weather is poor the back-up Dates are: October 26-31st

Distance: nearly 100 NMiles – nearly 20 nautical mile average per day with
only one rest day.
Day 1: 23 NMiles San Pedro Boat Ramp to Parsons Landing
Catalina
Day 2: 16 NMiles Parsons Landing to Little Harbor (with a Lunch
break at Catalina Harbor)
Day 3: 18 NMiles Little Harbor to Avalon
Day 4: 14 NMiles Avalon to Two Harbors (with a Lunch break
possibly at Long Point)
Day 5 0 NMiles Rest, Fish and Relax at Two Harbors in
preparation for Day 6 crossing
Day 6 21 NMiles Two Harbors to San Pedro Boat Ramp

Cost: FREE just share the cost of the Campsites, firewood ect…. Total Expenses for the entire group: about $250.00

Fitness Requirements: I am a Personal Trainer and Mountain Bike Endurance Racer and I think of this as the “Tour De France” of Kayak Fishing. I am looking for people with equal parts of Fitness and Fishing ability. You will need to keep a 3.75 NMile/Hour average loaded with fishing and camping gear to make the crossing in 6.5 hours. This is a Marathon equivalent mutli-stage event and needs to be completed before the afternoon winds increase. You will need to keep it up as we will be averaging almost 20 NMiles / Day while fishing for much of our food along the way.

Gear: We will discuss this in detail in the future but a Mirage Drive Kayak with a Sail is a good start....but paddles welcome too!

Personal Message Me or Email me mike@pushpt.com and we will set-up a couple training days prior to the date to get our sea legs under us and go over Gear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180802_001558511.jpg (41.6 KB, 732 views)

Last edited by Apex Predator; 08-08-2018 at 10:49 PM. Reason: punctuation
Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote