Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2016, 12:11 PM   #1
King Saba

Last run of the year for those tasty rock critters

Did some bottomfishing today with Orca. Success and pure fun are the best terms to describe our day as we had a blast cranking up a mixed bag of bottomfish on jigs and cut bait. The species caught today included Sculpin, Sand Bass, Whitefish, Chucklehead Rockfish, Red Snapper, Brown Rockfish, Sand Dabs, Green Mackerel, Jack Mackerel (Aji), and the oh so lovable lizardfish.

All I can say is we were beat having covered over 8 miles today and cranking fish from the deep on heavy rods and heavy jigs. Oh, and the traffic we had going home was less than pleasant to say in the least. Hope to do it again!

Enjoy the short video I made

Took some fish home for a few meals and released everything that could not swim back down with a descending tool.

Orca's giant Chucklehead. This thing was 6-7lbs est. 20"+ fish. We tried sending it back down, but I didn't have enough lead to do the job.

Damn thing barely fit in my "high tech" livewell.

World's smallest whitefish

Last edited by King Saba; 12-10-2016 at 12:28 PM.
King Saba is offline   Reply With Quote