Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
bumblebeetuna
Junior

LJK 7/21 report

Hit the water a hair past six this morning paddled straight out, didnt make bait. I had a box full of irons, a new jig stick and high hopes, I was just too excited to get out there and nail em on the iron !!

But as it goes sometimes, nothing, plain and simple nothing. Super slow today didnt see anyone catch anything except mackerel which still were in the single digits. Fished calico for nothing. paddled outside the kelp threw the iron had a strike close to my yak legal cuda which i farmed like a noob on the hook set, its just me still getting used to the kayak ill blame it on that. Followed birds which lead me to a couple boiling yellows threw my iron at em and nothing.

That was literally IT!

Fished the NW end of the kelp water was real warm 72.2 at its highest, super calm in the morning 2-3' occasional rollers later. A lot of bait in the water towards the afternoon. visibility probably about 15' tops. Sunny all morning thru day. Fished from 6am-12pm a verrrry slow day in la jolla. People were saying this was the case yesterday as well.

I decided to post this report as my promise to report every fishing trip good or bad from here on out. I would be stoked to see more reports daily to judge where to fish what to not use, conditions etc. Another awesome day catching or not, I love this new hobby!

good luck tight lines,
josh
bumblebeetuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:06 PM   #2
pchen911

Thanks for the report.

Sometimes, reports of a bad day is as important as reports of a good day.
pchen911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
Spyder

Right on Josh, you'll get em next time
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
JrBasser

"That was literally IT!"

Were you expecting a 40 pounder to just show up in your lap? Dude you saw boiling yellowtail. You did better than a lot of people.

Meanwhile, here's a tip, slow roll a 3.5" swimbait on 15 pound floro through those boiling fish.
JrBasser is offline   Reply With Quote