Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2008, 02:37 PM   #21
dorado50

I just installed a Raymarine 400 in the "pisser hole" it will give me years of reliability.. Sonar shield doesn't close all the way but thats ok, this unit is submersible and all connections waterproof. Transducer set on hull bottom below seat, giving me full access to store at least four 7-ft. rods with reels if need be.This yak laid out real nice for me, much better than expected......
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:45 PM   #22
Bill Lane
Junior

I use a Hummingbird Matrix12 in the sonar shield and love it. Good fit, works fine. I probably should bag it on launch and landing though. It has been soaked a time or two. As 4 the rod pod, I have stowed 5 rods from 6 to 8 feet in there for a landing precaution. No worries!
Bill Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:52 PM   #23
bellcon

Heres how mine ended up.... have done a few more things but these show most of it....
http://forum.kayak4fish.com/viewtopic.php?t=9215

http://forum.kayak4fish.com/viewtopic.php?t=9456

Don
p.s. wow this post is old (thanks for everyones help back then, esp. art)
bellcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #24
martuka
Junior

Trident FF

Here's the 717,

here's 717 with shield down,

here's the 575,

and 575 with shield down,

I don't go thru the surf with it mounted anyway, so i use either one. I mainly use the 717 though, my p13 has the 575 quad beam trans in it and they kinda go together, both units are compatible with either trans i just had put the 575 w/ the quad trans in the p13 before i got the trident, and it's "mounted with marine goop pretty solid so thats were it stays.
Here's a question for anybody who has mounted there Humm FF in the bowl, drilled a hole and used a water tight wire seal "behind the mount",
have you checked your wires lately, when i was taking pics of my FF's for this post i found this.

it's kinda "blurry"and i had already taped up one wire with orange electrical tape before i thought of taking a picture, but if you look close you can see the other wire is also exposed, and it's from the wire seal behind the mount the nut on it is taking up the little bit of space between the mount and the boat and giving the wires no room to push back in, "so there getting pinched when you adjust your mount to close the shield.

Here's the back plate,

"Well i hope nobodies wires look like mine".
martuka is offline   Reply With Quote