Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
Mackerel Masher
Junior

Nov 3rd & 4th Report

Sat: Fished Mission Bay with my brother, nephew, and the Mrs. Dumped the boats in at Dana 1400hrs and started tossing the plastic. Got hammered a few times but never got anything to stick. Moved over by Vacation Villiage or whatever they call it now. Worked the channel on the outgoing tide/wind for nada. Nephew picked up a Calico S Side of VV. Made the move to Quivera and on the way in a get tagged but no sticky. The Mrs. same deal. Made out way CCW around the basin and it's getting dark so we head back. Make the right turen out of the basin and give a quick toss by the rocks right next to some victim fishing in the dirt. *SPLASH* in gear one crank hook-up. Nice little 13" Calico and for kid fishin' the dirt. Calico gets a kiss for making my day and will go on to be an 8#'r and make plenty of baby Calicos. Nephew picks up a Spottie on the corner on the way in. Had a blast. Worth the round trip from Esco to get our butts wet.

Sun: Stuck the big boat in the water and headed down to IB for some butts. Best friggin' bait I've seen in some time. Not a red nose in the bunch and slimey little bastards. Head on a 134 till we hit where I like to start. Kelp is pointing SSW so I set up accordingly. Get some 'dines on the bottom and not long before I got a nice little 15" Sandy on. Little bastard escaped my clutches before I got a pic of him for our Tourny. Continue the drift and pick up a few Sculpin and send them back. Then nothing. Re-set the drift and my buddy Keith gets bit. He does a great job of easing her up to the boat and I slide her into the net. She goes 25" and as soon as I set her down on the engine box she flops and the hook pops out. Bleed her out and stick her in the bag. Nothing happens for the rest fo the drift and it's looking like were going due south. I make a move and give the the outside line of the MPA a shot. Couple of more sculpin and the drift starts to push SSE with the wind coming up making fishing that area hard. One more move and another shot but the wind is really up so I call it and head into the bay. Work both side of the main chanel south of the bridge for NADA. No spotties... not even a friggin' lizzard fish club. Sick it on the trailer 1400hrs and head home. Anyday you're heading home with a butt in the bag is good right? Did the scrub-a-dub-dub on the boat and headed to Ballast Point for well deserved pint. Oh yeah... Victory at Sea is on the board and who's got a growler full? Me baby!

Here's my buddy Keith with his first butt:

tight lines,

P.E.T.A MEMBER
Portagee Euthanizing Terrified Albacore

Hamachi Girl
1981 23' Albacore Special
Mackerel Masher
Hobie Outback
Mackerel Masher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
StinkyMatt

Little but is better than no butt.