Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 01-07-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
Mackerel Masher
Junior

La Jolla Launch Ramp: Lost Hat Reward

Went out of La Jolla Shores yesterday and survived my first surf launch. Weather was pretty awesome with the sun out doing it's thing. Hung out on the outside of the kelp and threw plastic and dropped iron. Nothin' but Macks though. Clouds started coming at 1:00 and I promised the boss I'd be out of the water by 2:00 so we headed in. Thought I was going to time the break right, but next thing you know I'm surfing then pioneering hydrodynamic archeology. I had all my gear strapped down but my lucky hat was nowhere to be found.
Here is what it looks like.

It's been fishing everywhere. Shenzhen China, Maui, Cabo, Islamorada... every offshore trip. Inside says handmade in Ecuador and has a gaff hole in it.

If you find it I have two 22oz bombers of Ballast Point Victory at Sea as a reward.

P.E.T.A MEMBER
Portagee Euthanizing Terrified Albacore

Hamachi Girl
1981 23' Albacore Special
Mackerel Masher
Hobie Outback
Mackerel Masher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
Lipripper92592

Was one of the last to leave the launch last night....didn't see your lucky hat, but did find a dollar bill floating in the water....also there as a pair of socks on the beach. Good luck!
Lipripper92592 is offline   Reply With Quote