Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2005, 07:55 PM   #1
madscientist

LJ 12/28 buggin, discretion the better part of valor

I was eager to get Nils on some bugs. Checked out the point in the afternoon and figured there were a couple spots we could drop hoops on outside the breakers. Got down to the shores in the afternoon to find the launch small, but the wind kicking pretty good. Ugh. Decided to launch anyway, witht he idea of heading out in the remaining daylight to see if the wind backed off. Got out and discovered the GPS was down. Not good. Steep nasty wind chop had water coming over the bow and with the 40lb of bait and nets, I was barely making progress. Dolphins and dogs were all around us as we passed the canyon edge, crashing on anchovies. I decided it was completely insane, but Nils wanted to paddle so I turned tail while he enjoyed the buoyant Caper out and back. Oh well, we'll get em next time. Nasty wind makes me even less enthusiatic about going tomorrow, guess I'll join Andy Friday. Lots of birds all over and dolphins from the surf line out, some quite acrobatic. Once this weather settles out we may be in for a good spot of fishing, but till then, blah.

Looks like Arne may run out the clock.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:00 PM   #2
DESTROYER

rad- I'm telling you, it might be a stretch but it looks like the Halibut are on the chew in San Diego Bay. Might be worth going to the barge and buying some sardines and drifting a bit. There has been some nice tides lately. You might hate the bay, but you would really like that Money and bragging rights

TL-Matt
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote