Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-06-2016, 03:50 PM   #1
M4TT

Rosarito (Mexico) Fishing.

Hey guys,

So a person in my office mentioned to me today that her cousin has a beach house in Rosarito that they'd rent out dirt cheap. I was wondering, before i even ask her, how's the fishing down there?

From what i've seen on here, it seems like people tend to go a big further south..

All help is greatly appreciated.
M4TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:19 PM   #2
Kayak_Bernie
Live Watersports ProStaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4TT View Post
Hey guys,

So a person in my office mentioned to me today that her cousin has a beach house in Rosarito that they'd rent out dirt cheap. I was wondering, before i even ask her, how's the fishing down there?

From what i've seen on here, it seems like people tend to go a big further south..

All help is greatly appreciated.
I have fished by Ensenada (Punta Banda) off the beach and didnt catch squat, then a day later I see the reason, at night bottom trawler came in right by shore and scooped up everything in its path. (apparently that is a regular occurrence) The Estuary behind punta banda had a bunch of spotties though. I too was surprised by the cost of beach houses in Mexico, go a few miles further south from Rosarita and the home we rented slept 8 and cost $125/ night same beach as Mission Beach or OB, just like 95% less people. Plus you can have bonfires or drink out of bottles, whatever you want. We love Baja !!

Safety Director
Kayak_Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:44 PM   #3
M4TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayak_Bernie View Post
I have fished by Ensenada (Punta Banda) off the beach and didnt catch squat, then a day later I see the reason, at night bottom trawler came in right by shore and scooped up everything in its path. (apparently that is a regular occurrence) The Estuary behind punta banda had a bunch of spotties though. I too was surprised by the cost of beach houses in Mexico, go a few miles further south from Rosarita and the home we rented slept 8 and cost $125/ night same beach as Mission Beach or OB, just like 95% less people. Plus you can have bonfires or drink out of bottles, whatever you want. We love Baja !!
wow..could it be because you fished so close to shore? i figured i'd be going out in open water to target yellows & tuna.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:22 PM   #4
nickc5

Right now, the mass amount of yellows the 3/4 and 1.5 day boats have been catching right is in front of Rosarito 3-4 miles out off from the beach. HUGE mass of fish. Was out there this past weekend. Im sure they'll be making their way more North. Bluefin aren't too far away from that spot either...
nickc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:36 PM   #5
M4TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickc5 View Post
Right now, the mass amount of yellows the 3/4 and 1.5 day boats have been catching right is in front of Rosarito 3-4 miles out off from the beach. HUGE mass of fish. Was out there this past weekend. Im sure they'll be making their way more North. Bluefin aren't too far away from that spot either...
oh what?? did you manage to catch any?

Looks like i need to do a little more research.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:08 AM   #6
nickc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4TT View Post
oh what?? did you manage to catch any?

Looks like i need to do a little more research.

Ya. Popped 2 Yt around 18lbs. Lost a few others. Run and gun all day.
nickc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:22 PM   #7
Zed
BANNED

Rockpile is just 7mi WSW.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:23 PM   #8
M4TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Rockpile is just 7mi WSW.
7mi offshore?!