Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
stevenc
Junior

Shelter 9/26

Made it in the water about 7:30 and was on the way home at about 11. 17 total fish 3 being sandies the rest spotties. They were slamming every bait in my bag and shredding them. Had one BH that I lost the tail on, winged it out next cast and it came back with half the body. The drift was really slow going out and my usual long line technique didnt cut it had a fish pick up one of my swimbaits in freespool right off the bottom ...... Well it was time for new line on that reel anyways.

Oh ya forgot to mention this is my first time back in the water in about a year....Had to get a new rack and new hatches. Definitely need to bring the waterproof camera for pictures instead of the cell phone that goes in and out of zip lock bags. Had the tape ready for the toad I never caught.

stevenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
blitzburgh

Way to get out there.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
tehburninator

are you sure that is what you were measuring lol!!

day out in the water is better then a day in the office =) good job! now i hate you a little bit more
tehburninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
mtnbykr2

I love fishing there....thanks for the report...and making me wish I was there
Old 09-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
stevenc
Junior

ya I figured I'd try Shelter since I have been fishing MB from shore while my kayak has been out of commission. My cousin is going to paddle out with me Friday, and he hasn't been out in the water in about a year as well. I gave him an on the water report while hooked up.
stevenc is offline   Reply With Quote