Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
Hobie-Pedaller
Fish On !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiskadoro View Post

I'm not ranting,
OK, if u say so.....

Kayak Fishing is a DRUG.... and I'm addicted !!
Hobie-Pedaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
bubblehide

Jim, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them think.
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #3
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblehide View Post
Not sure that's true, sounds like it might be true, or maybe we should be concerned that in a unique set of circumstances it might appear to be true.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
Hobie-Pedaller
Fish On !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblehide View Post

that statement can definitely go BOTH ways here, including with all those in "denial mode".

i stick with my prior concept on this topic. considering these FACTS below, which have been reported by MANY prior articles:

....2-1/2 years AND COUNTING, of CONTINUAL leaking radioactive water, flowing out of the reactor site....

....MORE radioactive contamination is CONTINUALLY leaking out into Pacific waters EVERY DAY, with no definitive end in sight....

.... no one YET knows for sure (in past years or present time) the EXACT rates of leaking, nor the EXACT contamination level of leaking water, nor the honesty or disclosure level of TEPCO reports, nor the capabilities of TEPCO to resolve problem anytime in foreseeable future....

As of now, it is impossible to predict exactly what issues may evolve in future, and it will likely be many years before all is known here. but there is certainly a POTENTIAL serious health threat going on here.

and thus, IMHO - all the people who still try to DENY that there is any possible chance, that there is any possible significant health risk factors, for the people of the U.S. Pacific West Coast, are merely in "denial" mode here. (sorta like an ostrich with their head in sand, or like a young child shaking their head saying na, na, na, na, na, na, na, when you are trying to talk to them.)

Kayak Fishing is a DRUG.... and I'm addicted !!
Hobie-Pedaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #5
bubblehide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobie-Pedaller View Post
that statement can definitely go BOTH ways here, including with all those in "denial mode".

i stick with my prior concept on this topic. considering these FACTS below, which have been reported by MANY prior articles:

....2-1/2 years AND COUNTING, of CONTINUAL leaking radioactive water, flowing out of the reactor site....

....MORE radioactive contamination is CONTINUALLY leaking out into Pacific waters EVERY DAY, with no definitive end in sight....

.... no one YET knows for sure (in past years or present time) the EXACT rates of leaking, nor the EXACT contamination level of leaking water, nor the honesty or disclosure level of TEPCO reports, nor the capabilities of TEPCO to resolve problem anytime in foreseeable future....

As of now, it is impossible to predict exactly what issues may evolve in future, and it will likely be many years before all is known here. but there is certainly a POTENTIAL serious health threat going on here.

and thus, IMHO - all the people who still try to DENY that there is any possible chance, that there is any possible significant health risk factors, for the people of the U.S. Pacific West Coast, are merely in "denial" mode here. (sorta like an ostrich with their head in sand, or like a young child shaking their head saying na, na, na, na, na, na, na, when you are trying to talk to them.)

Really, well since you brought it up, just how far down is your head, in the sand that is?

So in other words, your trying to say that the sky really is falling?

The fact here is that no one here has has disagreed with your above listed conclusions. What has been stated (and the facts fully support), is that your conclusion are so highly unlikely that they are utterly ridiculous. The scale/ratio of contaminant is like a meteorite in all of space; in the big picture, it is insignificant, in both a general and scientific terms.

Last edited by bubblehide; 09-01-2013 at 10:12 PM.
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #6
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobie-Pedaller View Post
Funny I wasn't going to bring it up but I'd say ignoring the scale of the pollution in comparison to the scale of the Pacific is absolutely a form of denial.

In fact you're ignoring the most important fact involved. The fact you can't see that may just show how deep your denial goes.

Say I told you that planets have been destroyed by the impact of asteroids, and meteors. Then stated that thousands of celestial bodies like meteors hit the Earth every day. Both are true and factual.

I supposed you could then say we are all in imminent danger. Then when others do not agree with you, claim that anyone who doesn't think so, that people who try to DENY that there is any possible chance, that there is any possible risk factors involving the possibility of a major meteor strike for the people of Earth, are all merely in "denial" mode.

That would ignore a significant issue, the scale of the things involved and the resulting probability of a major celestial catastrophic event in our lifetime.

I don't deny the facts involved with the spill. I just think your conclusions are biased and wrong because you ignore both scale and probability.

Could a particle of that radiation end up in a fish off our coast. Yes it could, but given the scale of the pollution spilled and the scale of the Pacific it's highly improbable, and not likely to happen.

Oh and I tend to find when people start saying things like everyone who doesn't agree with them is in denial, or they are like a young child shaking their head saying na, na, na, na, na, na, na, when you are trying to talk to them. Well I'd say that's someone who does not handle disagreement well, has a closed mind, and feels he has to belittle anyone who doesn't agree with them so they can then completely ignore any possible validity of their arguments.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote