Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
fishinfreak

Nonfishing Baja Trip

Hey guys,
I know everyone is interested in going down to baja but the violence and drug issues down there can scare us away. My dad finally took me down for a daytrip yesterday to do a little surfing and be tourists for a morning. We crossed at TJ, drove down to Ensenada, then crossed back into the US at Tecate. I felt totally comfortable down there, and I hope to make more trips in the future.

Here's a video of our day, be sure to watch in HD! Filmed with my GoPro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ2If...el_video_title
fishinfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
FARRIER

Baja is very dangerous stay away! Especially BM, k38, shipwrecks, and all other fishing/surfing spots....
Old 05-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
flydigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinfreak View Post
Hey guys,
I know everyone is interested in going down to baja but the violence and drug issues down there can scare us away. My dad finally took me down for a daytrip yesterday to do a little surfing and be tourists for a morning. We crossed at TJ, drove down to Ensenada, then crossed back into the US at Tecate. I felt totally comfortable down there, and I hope to make more trips in the future.

Here's a video of our day, be sure to watch in HD! Filmed with my GoPro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ2If...el_video_title
Sweet vid, brought back some memories.. used to make that same trip pretty often.
flydigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
bigbarrels

Thanks for sharing the video! Although there is some major problems in Mexico right now, I have done multiple trips to Baja in the last 10 years with zero problems.....in 25 years of travel I have only had a couple minor incidents...........congrats on a safe trip and if I wasn't bow hunting Missouri in November, I know where I would be going.....
Old 05-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #5
Nic D

Great job on the video.. I love mex!

hey what program are you using to edit video? Thank you.

instagram - @DRAGO619
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #6
fishinfreak

i'm looking forward to going back down there again! i'm off to uc berkeley this fall so i hope i can make a summer trip or two down to san quintin for some wsb and yellowtail action. i used cyberlink powerdirector 8. pretty easy program to work with. this was all shot with gopro hd, and if you use the program, make sure you set the video to 16:9 rather than 4:3 to avoid some major problems with your final video quality.
fishinfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #7
jorluivil

I've gone to Ensenada and San Quintin alone several times, my brother and his wife go to San Quintin at least 1-2 times a month and we've never had an issue. Obviously, much like some parts Los Angeles you don't want to travel alone at night or flash your bling around.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote