Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2015, 03:56 PM   #1
knowledgedropper
Junior

Noob in LB

Hey Y'all,

I just wanted to introduce myself- been lurking for about 2 months and finally registered. My usual screen name was taken (Chuck D) so I'm going to have to get used to reading "myself" in the third person, haha...

As the title says, I'm from Lovely Long Beach, CA and I'm just starting out in kayak fishing. I'm on a Malibu Pro Explorer and so far, I've only been out to Alamitos Bay. About half the time, I fish my fly outfit- skunked every time so far. Conventional gear has gotten me some spotties and halis (or flounders, still can't tell them apart).

I've already learned a lot from this community. Maybe I'll have a chance to meet some of the locals sometime.

PM if you're hitting the local waters!
knowledgedropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:10 PM   #2
GregAndrew

Fly fishing the breakwall can be real good for Calicos etc. The likely flatfish you will be catching around there are Halibut and Sole. Sole have a rounded tail with the center part being the longest. Halibut have a tail that is about as long at the edges as the middle.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:53 PM   #3
knowledgedropper
Junior

Thanks for the tips!
knowledgedropper is offline   Reply With Quote