Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-28-2015, 07:44 AM   #1
Denis_Ruso

San Quintin- Tackle Advice?

As I am sitting here at work about to ask for a day off for next Friday so I can make the San Quintin Halibut tournament I realize I need to stock up on tackle.

So for any of you that have been down there in the past what tackle is essential down there?

My yak does not have a live bait well yet, so fishing live bait is not something I will be doing actively. However I know I should bring a few Crocs, swimbaits and a couple of irons. Any suggestions on other tackle or even colors for that area? Thanks in advance!
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:03 AM   #2
Zed
BANNED

Pretend youre in SD Bay. What would you fish in the bay?
Inside SQ is very similar w/o the boat traffic and channel markers. Plastics 3-5in. Maybe some dropshot. Small spoons.

You can probably make bait as needed once you find it so have a rig ready if you get bait on a kroc or something. Then be ready for a big black or maybe a white and halis.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:36 AM   #3
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Any swim baits, crocks, caught on repalas last year in 10-15 feet water. Any live bait you catch including small bone fish. Secret weapon this year will probabally be an articulating FLY. Good luck.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:54 AM   #4
Baja_Traveler

Kinda like these...

But if you are not in the habit of chucking fur, any of the assorted plastics, spoons, rapala's etc. will work great.

Just got back from Conapesca where I obtained my one year Mexico fishing license, Got the truck insured for a year also thru Vagabundos - so yes Bob - I'm serious about making some trips in the year to come. Now if only work will cooperate...

Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote