Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2015, 09:21 AM   #1
5-20

Baja Trip? Bahia De Los Angeles?

I have a bit of free time coming up and was thinking it might be pretty nice to spend a few days driving through and fishing Baja California. I had a friend tell me about how awesome the YT fishing is down at Bahia De Los Angeles and I thought it might be cool to do that, but it's also a 10 hour trip from San Diego.

Wondering if you guys could recommend any other spots with awesome YT fishing in the baja area that might be an easier and shorter drive? I'm ok with camping or staying in a cheap hotel. I'd probably want to fish 2-3 days.

Looking for a beautiful and quiet spot where my odds are pretty good at landing a few 20-45+ lb YT that doesn't necessarily include an excessively long paddle.

It'd be good being able to get back to camp easily for a midday break, some rest, food, and then get out again in the evening.

Any other thoughts or recommendations about this trip would be great. Would be the first time I'll do something like this, so any thoughts of caution would be good, too!
5-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:27 AM   #2
Zed
BANNED

Well your odds are good for that size yellowtail right offshore right now!
Old 05-28-2015, 10:36 AM   #3
5-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Well your odds are good for that size yellowtail right offshore right now!
Haha, LJ's only a 15 min drive for me. Really looking to get away for a while and see a bit of Mexico but thanks for the advice!!!
5-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:57 AM   #4
Zed
BANNED

Go to LA bay.
Camp near la gringa. Dont expect the yellows but be ready for them. Dont stray far it gets windy fast and bad.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:59 AM   #5
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

I have been fishing Bay of La once or twice a year for the past 5 years and can't get enough of that place. The yellows are big and mean there however were usually fishing around 30 miles offshore in a panga.

If you don't want to travel so far I would recommend San Quintin they have good quality fishing there too. Stay on Don Eddie's its cheap and they cater towards fisherman.

I'm telling ya, you have to keep these suckers on a game clip until just before you drop them in the frying pan.(Rossman)
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:07 AM   #6
Zed
BANNED

Ill say it again. Get a spot at Doheny. Go chase patty yellows. It fits most of your criteria. Minus the Baja part.