Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2017, 07:43 PM   #1
NICKWORN

4/23/17 LJ

Crazy surf today!! Buddy got a 18lb yellow, we fished hard all the way to 280ft depth 3-4 miles out chasing birds. Water was murky brown/green.

Launch was big and landing was bigger, had to turn back once cause of a monster set rolling in, managed to punch through a 6 ft rogue wave as it was cresting!! Thought for sure I was gonna get flipped head over end! Crazy shit man, scared the shit out of me! All in all, shitty weather for kayak fishing, and this week looks even worse!

Bait hard to make on the inside, but was plenty full around the 160-180 mark. Saw a few boils but to far to get on em!

Only 4 kayakers out today! Wonder why? Lol
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:15 PM   #2
FISH11

Thanks for the report Nick. I had thought of going but tbe parking sittuation, because of the marathon made me change my mind. I thought I might tuff if out tomorrow but the surf is going to be worse and the wind wiil be bad and getting worse this week. It sucks when the weather doesn't cooperate with my days off. Oh well it could be worse, could live were the weather sucks most of the time.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:42 AM   #3
SorryCharlie

I was out on Sunday as well with no luck. As you mentioned water was green and vis was terrible. Temp. was up around 64F, nice to see.

Bait was odd, couldnt find much inside, headed deeper (100-120ft), didnt see much. Sucked it up and headed to the pier, loaded up and as I get back the deeper water was loaded with bait..... Hate when that happens.

Trolled around fairly shallow with no love till about 12, but am on the tail end of a cold so called it early.

I love days like the marathon, seems to thin the crowd.
SorryCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:37 PM   #4
YakDout
Brandon

https://www.google.com/amp/timesofsa...age-spill/amp/
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:46 PM   #5
yemff

No way 1000 gallons made the water visibility poor in all of La Jolla.
yemff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:46 AM   #6
taggermike

When you punch thru the top of a cresting wave and fall down the back and get a second of weightlessness you were close to a disaster. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote