Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2016, 08:51 AM   #21
ful-rac
Emperor

And this guy....

Old 02-10-2016, 08:58 AM   #22
maquinapescado

Of the un-photographed trash:

About 30 yards of mono attached to about ten feet of braid. Had a terrible looking uni-knot I might add.

One tangled sabiki.

Empty Owner Aki Twist 5/0 package

And a cigar butt...................Jim lol

I would love to know it was seagulls but the fact of the matter is, some of it is most definitely not.

As far as your jig contest goes Jim. I'd lose. In fear of having a casting battle on the water and from recent on the water shootings, I just started bringing my mako gaff, a.k.a. .357
Old 02-10-2016, 09:02 AM   #23
ctfphoto

You want to see fishing trash .... go to any lake in the Sierra Nevada Mountains

Trash Sucks
ctfphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:10 AM   #24
WARRIORMIKE

Office Etiquette

So in my office if someone leaves trash out after their lunch break, I generally throw it out for them. I don't believe in calling them out, or get them out of their cubicle and tell them to pick up their trash. Not my style.

However I have a co-worker that at any opportunity he is glad to call people out. For trash, or really anything.

Point is, there will always be the yin-yang of things. Unfortunately just the way life is .
WARRIORMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:32 AM   #25
jorluivil

here's what I picked up over the last few months

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:36 AM   #26
YakDout
Brandon

That 40 was my piss bottle...

No funnel...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:43 AM   #27
Cbad Mike

IT'S THE CANADIANS!!!
They just dump their garbage anywhere!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160210_103547.jpg (45.7 KB, 212 views)
Old 02-10-2016, 09:44 AM   #28
sculpins4bait

What are you doing Stop picking up the trash it collects into nice paddies that hold fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sculpins4bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:02 AM   #29
Cbad Mike

Someone left this trash on the beach.
I was going to pick it up but it had crabs on it and I wasn't drunk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2016-02-10-10-57-13-1.jpg (43.2 KB, 200 views)
Old 02-10-2016, 10:03 AM   #30
Flyak13

So there was a time a few years ago that I regarded kayak fisherman as a bad ass breed of fisherman, you are your own captain, surf launch and landing, catching big fish in a tiny boat half the time all by yourself, what the heck happened ? A bunch of whiny little girls , complaining about having to pick up trash, , complaining about private boaters, complaining about the fish not biting , complaining about turning in wsb heads when you've caught ONE your entire life, shut the fuck up , go fuxking fishing and stop being a bunch of pussies on the Internet, And this goes Out to that jackass too that sits on his computer staring at the launch cam then tries to blast about a wide open bite because some guys took pics with some fish, GROW THE FUCK UP AND STOP ACTING LIKE A BUNCH OF PANZIES and go fishing !
Flyak13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:15 AM   #31
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyak13 View Post
So there was a time a few years ago that I regarded kayak fisherman as a bad ass breed of fisherman, you are your own captain, surf launch and landing, catching big fish in a tiny boat half the time all by yourself, what the heck happened ? A bunch of whiny little girls , complaining about having to pick up trash, , complaining about private boaters, complaining about the fish not biting , complaining about turning in wsb heads when you've caught ONE your entire life, shut the fuck up , go fuxking fishing and stop being a bunch of pussies on the Internet, And this goes Out to that jackass too that sits on his computer staring at the launch cam then tries to blast about a wide open bite because some guys took pics with some fish, GROW THE FUCK UP AND STOP ACTING LIKE A BUNCH OF PANZIES and go fishing !

via GIPHY

Old 02-10-2016, 10:18 AM   #32
Chuck D

Thank you for bringing this up! I pick up other peoples trash every time I go out there and I think if we all help it can make a difference. Please don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution yakkers.
Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 03:52 PM   #33
summers in kuwait

On this topic...

Would anybody be interested in organizing/supporting a La Jolla beach cleanup?
I always pick up trash as I believe most of us do, but I think it might be cool to put together a cleanup supported by the kayak fishing community.
OEX, BWE and HOW any interest? I'd be happy to help support too.
summers in kuwait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:12 PM   #34
f'nsabiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyak13 View Post
Please don't thread jack --F-----g Pussies should be in seperate thread from F-----g A------s
f'nsabiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:11 PM   #35
radastaff

shitin in your own bed

I have noticed the trash factor has been getting worse,
everywhere, these last few years.

not just at the beach

3rd world we are becoming

brings a tear to my eye
just like the Italian "Indian" in that 70's commercial

P

Last edited by radastaff; 02-10-2016 at 09:31 PM.
radastaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:59 AM   #36
Pocoloco

Quote:
Originally Posted by maquinapescado View Post
So I blasted this out with a little anger and closed my computer second to my wife telling me; I let people bother me too much, invest too much time into this stupid site, never deliver a message well when aggravated, people never receive a message that comes from such a poor response, and then proceeded to point out seventy or more chinks in my armor. Being stubborn, I decided to post it anyway.

In response to cbad mike, my intention is not directed at you or "every member" on BWE, but I hardly think any kayak fisherman would have received my message if I posted this in my knitting club.

If people want to take this as an attack and I knew people on HERE would, I was fully ready to accept responsibility for my crass response to the trash.

MOMO, I don't have a high horse, I have an intolerance for people who litter. Five BWE members that I know of walked by it all and there were some 20+ kayaks on the water who I am sure used the launch. It was impossible to not have to step over it. The trash could have been picked up. I am perfectly okay with being the one that did and don't expect to hear about every piece of trash that gets picked up nor will I complain about it every time. I am also not trying to be a self proclaimed martyr about it.

I get it, it might not have been you or anyone who responded to this.

I can guarantee that at least a couple articles of that trash were left by someone who surveys (power boater or kayak) this sight for intel or is a member. As mentioned above, I can also guarantee that some members walked past it.

My less than choice words and approach that comprised my message will hopefully be heard but most importantly remembered, either through me being the butt of the situation or because others are as passionate about their environment and littering as I am and just needed a reminder to be an advocate.

I am part of the kayak-fisherman boom and with any growing population within an activity/sport, new people come along and need to be aware of things like this. Sometimes, existing members of the community just need a kick in the rear. I deal with it with the explosion of rock climbing and people trashing Joshua Tree, Yosemite and other climbing spots due to a lack of education on how sensitive the environment really is. If someone wants to post a nice thread about it, go for it. Considering the shit I have received for benign and polite posts or questions on this site, I am not willing to be that person. I am nice, compassionate and caring to people who are often hostile in my occupation on a daily basis. In my opinion, they have the right to be second to mental illness, fear of impending death and other various disease processes. Being a crabby kayak fisherman, website/keyboard bully or any other variation of being impolite on here does not merit a polite public service announcement from me.

If you received this message in an ill way, I am sincerely sorry to those who are polite, respectful and informative on here.
don't sweat it too much, we have the same problem at our ducks refuge and no one is to blame. just keep doing your part and hopefully things will get better.
Pocoloco is offline   Reply With Quote