Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 10-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Last trip to mako-ville

New post on Mako-ville

Back in the saddle again
by Makobob
This last trip to Gonzaga was fun. The Quad broke, the boat dropped off the trailer, and the solar system was not up to the job. But it was still a great trip. The desert WAS green with yellow, white and orange and violet flowers to be found. No not like spring, but still there to delight those who looked.

Jeff, our resident chef brought his Air Fryer to use in camp for the first time. Yum, Air Fried rice balls were my favorite. I need moore batteries to carry the load on the solar power, but it worked out ok. So we will be installing 4 more 6 vdc Trojans to carry the load.

I take full responsibility for the boat coming off the trailer and landing on the beach. I assumed..........so next time there will be a question and answer period prior to launch. The Baja 3rd wheel on the trailer worked out well, makes launching and landing much easier again after instructions. So much to do and so little time to get it done.

Fishing was ok to good. Roosters were crashing the beach almost every day. UP to 30+ pounders. Catching was NOT so good as none of the guys got a rooster. Corvina, bass, triggers and nice size sierra were landed and turned into dinner and chevice.

We had a camp fire most evenings. Shot the sh-t, told lies and enjoyed the moon and stars. Planned for the next day and just joked around. Friends around te camp fire. Unwinding for the next day in paradise. Thinking about the next trip.

The last TWO weeks of OCTOBER are coming fast. Days in the mid 80's to lower 90's. It will seem cold at night. But should be in the 60-70's. Winds unknown at this time. Bring a sweater or jacket, just incase.

October on the FLY is looking GREAT. Roosters are again roaming the area. Skipjack, cabrilla, snapper, corvina, bass, and trigger are all there waiting for YOU. The restaurant is OPEN. Tight Lines to all, AND there is room at the inn.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:31 PM   #2
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Guys, we WILL need fire wood for the camp fires at night, I have some misquite but we could use moore. We will drop off meat when we arrive at the restaurant, we can decide in camp who has the "dinner duty" each night, we also need to figure dinner time.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 10-05-2017, 03:01 PM   #3
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

What happened to the quad? Is it totaled?

I'm telling ya, you have to keep these suckers on a game clip until just before you drop them in the frying pan.(Rossman)
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:59 PM   #4
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDROB View Post
What happened to the quad? Is it totaled?
Quad? Two fuel filters later, one in the fuel pump, new starter solinoid it runs ok, but taking down a new donut for the muffler then it should be fine again. So all is well in mako-ville. Tight Lines amigo, hope you will make it into camp in October with Lupe.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN