Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2017, 03:09 PM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Waking up in paradise

New post on Mako-ville

Morning in mako-ville
by Makobob
The night cometh before the dawn. And nights in mako-ville for me are to die for. A couple of months ago I almost did. But that is a different story.

After a wonderful meal at the restaurant. Clementina out did herself again, mole, beans, rice, tortillas, salsa and a salad. Que bueno. We made it the 200 yards back to camp. Not quite dusk yet.

Fire wood has been stacked and lit for the evening camp fire. The truth of the days events will slowly unfold, along with a few fisherman's embellishments. The chairs are set and ready. Social hours follow.

Some of us move away from the fire. A stairway to heaven leads to the roof and much less light pollution. The stars are ablaze in all their glory. In the Sea of Cortez the surf is mostly very light. But faintly the waves whisper on the gravel and beach cobble.

A little star-gazing, some small talk of tomorrows plans and it is bed time. Some sleep on the beach, the patio and the garage, and of course on the roof. A couple even go next door to a friends roof. Dreams are sweet in mako-ville you feel everything is possible. And of course they ARE.

It's 3 am and nature calls, you spy a coyote sneaking down the beach, he watches you descend the stairs before heading around a cactus fence. Back to the rooftop you go. Back into your "0" gravity chair in which you sleep. As you start to drift off you hear the call of the wild. The coyotes in the desert behind our place have made a kill. They loudly announce it to the world and the neighbor dogs take up the tune.

You fell asleep again, to dream of paradise. Out of a sound sleep you awaken to the spectre light just beginning to show. You can see Isla San Luis Gonzaga 5 miles off the beach. Maybe this day will take you there. As the sun rises at Punta Bufeo, the gulls and pelicans start their daily feed.

And now the dawn cometh before the day. What will it hold. That is an easy question to answer when you are in mako-ville. Your FUTURE, the FIRST day of the rest of your life! To borrow a phrase from a friend. "LIVE the life you love, OR was it LOVE the life you live".

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:12 PM   #2
battleborn

preach on brother. a magnificent place that as wonderfully written one must experience it in person to truly appreciate it. thanks for the memories Mako B. hope to make it down there again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
battleborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:33 AM   #3
Mahigeer

Nice write up.

To truly appreciate the above post you must have been there at least once.

The part about sleeping above the patio with no railing (as of yet I assume) concerns me, but that is me.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote