Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2011, 02:54 PM   #21
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfishturds View Post
Sasha, I don't participate on this site because I don't fish San Diego. So I have nothing to offer and nothing to gain by reading. I just enjoy reading about the fine fish the San Diego locals catch. Also there's too much hate for giving ones opinion.
I replied to this because in my opinion, exposing bites is harmful to our fishery.
You said there are plenty of fish to go around. If that were true, the state of California would not have imposed so many catch regulations and now closures.
It's just my opinion, no need for name calling and hating me for it.
Jimx5
No name calling here, but there's a slight smell of MLPA in the air, to me.
You admit you don't participate, fish our waters, or have anything to offer. Why post here at all? Oh, yeah, you enjoy reading about the fine fish the locals catch.
Regulations have been around for decades, both commercial and sport, that IS what keeps many species plentiful, i.e. WSB.
Just because someone posts a recent report or bite, doesn't mean this "exposing bites" is going to be harmful to the fishery. Anglers must still abide by size and quantity limits, which is why the regulations are in place, to keep the fishery healthy. New regs happen all the time, and should to correct imbalances as they occur. We don't have to go mum, to keep it that way.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:54 PM   #22
-scallywag-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I launched well before those 5:30 slackers and I can attest there were a few BSB caught today, but I did not see 1 kayaker pull in the right kind.
Damn...I just got done doing the dishes, rubbing the wifes feet, and loading all my junk, and now you're telling me this info is a week old?

This website sucks!!
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #23
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem Assassin View Post
Turned on the webcam this morning at 5:20 and there where 10-12 yaks setting up. I know it's unpopular to say - but it looks like the squid must be in and the bite must be starting to turn on.
All it really means is that 12 other kooks got a fishing report or a saw web cam and that somehow got them motivated to get off their asses and go fishing. You should do the same, and don't worry about making rhetorical posts! Make some good friends on the water instead, they will help you much more than the launch cam!

Just don't let them tie your knots!!!!
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #24
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
Damn...I just got done doing the dishes, rubbing the wifes feet, and loading all my junk, and now you're telling me this info is a week old?

This website sucks!!

Your twin brother says Hi, a sure thing for me lately............ is paying for it by the pound.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #25
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

I don't know what you guys are talking about...

Everytime i decide to take the long 2 hour trip to La Jolla, THERE ALWAYS A DOZEN PEOPLE THERE!!! NO matter what day i decide to go.... its always busy

If they Yellow tail pass or if they don't.... Who knows... the fish know....

You just have to be there with a rod in your hand....

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #26
ChefT

Sweet ....... I was on cam ...
ChefT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #27
Hypoxic1

Cool But I thought we all knew...

THERE ARE NO YELLOWTAIL IN LA JOLLA

bEEN THAT WAY FOR A LONG TIME NOW.....
Hypoxic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #28
dos ballenas
Vampyroteuthis infernalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron&Julie View Post
Jimx5

Just because someone posts a recent report or bite, doesn't mean this "exposing bites" is going to be harmful to the fishery.

I'm pretty sure that fishing internet forums have changed the world of recreational fishing. Its no question that an increase in fishing pressure can be seen in response to fishing reports or candy rumors.

Fishing pressure is directly related to how many fish get caught... which in turn will have some affect on said fishery. If it is detrimental to the fishery is a whole different question.

More fish being killed might be harmful or beneficial, nobody really knows! I actually think removing big "homeguard" brood stock yellowtail might be beneficial in some ways (read up on the intermediate disturbance hypothesis) ... but I'm probably wrong!

dos ballenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #29
bubblehide

Originally Posted by monkeyfishturds
"Sasha, I don't participate on this site because I don't fish San Diego. So I have nothing to offer and nothing to gain by reading. "

Yet you read this post, and offered YOUR opinion.

"... Also there's too much hate for giving ones opinion."

Yet you offered all of us your hateful opinion; gee thanks!

";;;I replied to this because in my opinion, exposing bites is harmful to our fishery. You said there are plenty of fish to go around. If that were true, the state of California would not have imposed so many catch regulations and now closures.
It's just my opinion, no need for name calling and hating me for it."

No we don't hate you for it; hate is much to strong a word for people like you; and I save such words for people that I actually have some respect for, no matter how slight the respect may be. But you did make it clear that you feel exceptionally strongly in favor of the new MPA's, along with more and more regulation. And that YOU feel that our fisheries are so delicate that they could be very, very easily over fished by sport-fishermen that they need extreme protections; even though we have no endangered nor threatened fin fish along the Southern California coast. No we don't need to call you names to know what, nor who you are.

bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:04 PM   #30
Kahouna

I was late getting there (8:30). Getting out there was as good as any other low wave day. There was enough bait around to put some in my bucket. Sometime into the day, the wind picked up and the waves started the gentle cycle. My GPS said I was drifting about a mile an hour and I had trouble keeping my bait down. If anyone else was out there, they experienced the same thing I did. That's my report for the day.

To follow on some of the other comments here... I call myself about as green as it gets. I've been out there more times than I care to count for the space in my freezer. I've brought one fish home in the year+ I've been going out. I have nothing to offer in advice that isn't already seeded throughout the search function. My post count is low because I don't have anything viable to offer. Do I lurk? You betcha. There is some top notch advice here in black and white if you can read. The guys/gals here are all smiles on the water and will give you the bait out of their livewell if you are having trouble getting your own. Asking advice on the water for me has always been positive and some day it will click and I might be able to show a picture of something that can go in my freezer besides macs. Now, where did my tissues go...
Kahouna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #31
sasha

First off i would like to Apologize to you monkeyfishturds
as i didnt try to call you names but did miss read your name handle.
As for over fishing.. How many kayakers on here actualy go out and come back with lets say Tuna or White sea bass or Halibut??? Yes i know some of you do but most of us go out spend the time on the water and come back with mostly large bait fish and call it for the day. Everyonce in a while one of us would actualy get something worth while to take a pic off. How many times you read about people that let the fish go as got a full freezer and they are out there just to enjoy being on the water???
I guess it comes down to some people that are willing to share and some who dont... For me i were always willing to share some of my knowledge and not just for fishing.

Sasha
sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:17 AM   #32
monkeyfishturds

No worries Sasha. Sharing knowledge and creating a parking lot with 50 boaters and 50 kayakers at a spot are two different things. Every one enjoys fishing reports. But trying to create a frenzy of over crowding a spot by saying "it's going off" is no fun for any fisherman.
monkeyfishturds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:28 AM   #33
mtnbykr2

WHEWWW!!!
Glad tha't all cleared up....
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:34 AM   #34
Fiskadoro

Got to love these troll alias accounts.

Various quotes from the same guy from multiple websites over the years.:

He's always an expert.
:
Quote:
..... i've speared them (sheephead) in 5 to 15' of water since 1971.there are 25 lb'ers every year since then and now it's 2008. if i told you what my largest one weighed,you wouldn't believe me....

Quote:
.....ive caught 3halis over 40lbs and at least 6 over 30lbs,.. in my kayak,, 3halis over 40lbs and at least 6 over 30lbs,.. in my kayak.....
Quote:
... I've enjoyed reading fishing adventures since the 90's when Denise Spike started the first one. Then Jason Morton's "Kayaksportfishing", then Kiyo Sato's "Baytubers" and finally this one.....

Why he never posts actual info:

Quote:
I don't participate by choice. As does the other 85% of the people on this site.
Quote:
i would ever tell anyone of a hot bite except the people i fish with.....
Quote:
I don't participate on this site because I don't fish San Diego. So I have nothing to offer...
Why he has to step in and flame somebody
Quote:
I replied to this because in my opinion, exposing bites is harmful to our fishery.

Quote:
Just showing how people feel about exposing a bite, which is the topic of this thread. My opinion to this topic is that it is harmful to the fishery.
Don't forget he's better then other people, other people are lazy and selfish:

Quote:

thirty seven years of hard work and you want it with no effort? would you stand on someones shoulders to get what you want?

Quote:
Only the most selfish type person would want some one to do the work for them.
Then there's the Slaughter and crowds of internet caused mayhem:
Quote:
create a frenzy of over crowding

Quote:
gang together to slaughter huge schools of baracuda and other fish.
Quote:

.....creating a parking lot with 50 boaters and 50 kayakers at a spot ....

...but ultimately he's not a bad guy and just here to read fishing stories:

Quote:
I just enjoy reading about the fine fish the San Diego locals catch.

Quote:
i came to this board because i like reading the fishing stories people tell...
Quote:

I've enjoyed reading fishing adventures....
Crazy stuff

Hey on a bright note:this guy usually runs 8 to 10 posts per phony account. So maybe he's almost done.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:03 AM   #35
PapaDave

MLPA supporter for sure... Darn, I'm out of popcorn, be right back.
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:06 AM   #36
Tandem Assassin

Quote:
No worries Sasha. Sharing knowledge and creating a parking lot with 50 boaters and 50 kayakers at a spot are two different things. Every one enjoys fishing reports. But trying to create a frenzy of over crowding a spot by saying "it's going off" is no fun for any fisherman.
Never said it was going off (?). Just suggested it might be based on all the activity.

The point I was trying to make was 4 years ago most contributors posted their catch within 24 hours of the event and most everyone shared their stories.

A lot of us that visit BWE live over an hour away from LJ and work 50 plus hours a week so the post were a way for us to enjoy that little slice of paradise from our desk.

It allowed a lot of us for a few minutes every day to drift off and fish LJ in our minds. I would look at a post and think where I would make bait, set up for the morning bite and rehearse throwing my reel into gear after hearing it sing for 4-5 seconds. Back then everyone was willing to share with out hesitation - it was a beautiful thing.

I understand that times have changed and internet has changed our life's forever as nothing is secret any more. A single post can be shared on multiple web sites and before you know it it "Water World" out there.

I guess I just miss the way things used to be and hate to see this community turn more into a locals only surf break where you earn your way into the line up and obey the law of the pack.

Sorry if you feel differently. I will always post my catch and try to give as much as I take as that is the way I was raised.
Tandem Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:53 AM   #37
bubblehide

Quote:

So he thinks that that would endanger the fishery. Sure sounds like an MPA supporter to me making more invalid arguments trying to turn us on each other as they tried during the MLPA process. I mean, hell, we all know what such crowding does to the bite, shuts it....

You would think this dude would want every boater and yaker out there in a spot so the bite shuts down; but clearly what he is here for is to try and create mayhem between us, brother kayakers. I mean he himself said he has nothing to offer, so clearly he is here to detract from this site, unduly influence how and what we post... all to what, try and bring the site to a point where it's not even worth coming to anymore?

The screen names this guy uses indicate that he's a real, well I can't say. but he is clearly trying to play both sides. I mean it's okay for him to slaughter the fish According to his postings, but not okay for anyone else; he's the authority of disseminating fishing info, and well...

Last edited by bubblehide; 11-17-2011 at 03:09 PM.
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:53 AM   #38
monkeyfishturds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem Assassin View Post
Never said it was going off (?). Just suggested it might be based on all the activity.

The point I was trying to make was 4 years ago most contributors posted their catch within 24 hours of the event and most everyone shared their stories.

A lot of us that visit BWE live over an hour away from LJ and work 50 plus hours a week so the post were a way for us to enjoy that little slice of paradise from our desk.

It allowed a lot of us for a few minutes every day to drift off and fish LJ in our minds. I would look at a post and think where I would make bait, set up for the morning bite and rehearse throwing my reel into gear after hearing it sing for 4-5 seconds. Back then everyone was willing to share with out hesitation - it was a beautiful thing.

I understand that times have changed and internet has changed our life's forever as nothing is secret any more. A single post can be shared on multiple web sites and before you know it it "Water World" out there.

I guess I just miss the way things used to be and hate to see this community turn more into a locals only surf break where you earn your way into the line up and obey the law of the pack.

Sorry if you feel differently. I will always post my catch and try to give as much as I take as that is the way I was raised.
Guess I took what you posted wrong. Your explanation isn't trying to create water world. The little devil flippin the bird at the end of your post made me think it was spiteful.
Didn't try to attack you, just questioned what I thought was the reason for the post. Sorry for assuming.
monkeyfishturds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:01 AM   #39
mtnbykr2

mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:14 AM   #40
WCW Moderator
Super Moderator

Keep the name calling out! You can argue opposing views without it.
WCW Moderator is offline   Reply With Quote