Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 09-30-2017, 03:44 PM   #1
doctornick
Junior

Online Lobster Reporting not registered

Hi Guys,

I just picked my lobster card today and was surprised that the system did not register my online reporting for the last season. I am 100% sure that I reported online but when I access my account it isn't showing up. Has anyone else had this issue?
doctornick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 06:08 PM   #2
CrazzyGar

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctornick View Post
Hi Guys,

I just picked my lobster card today and was surprised that the system did not register my online reporting for the last season. I am 100% sure that I reported online but when I access my account it isn't showing up. Has anyone else had this issue?

If you did online there is a confirmation #. But if you mailed it in.. It's up to them to input it... And you don't get a confirmation #. When I mailed in it was fine. But made copies and sent it priority with tracking #. But now I just do online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CrazzyGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:37 AM   #3
Phishphood

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazzyGar View Post
If you did online there is a confirmation #. But if you mailed it in.. It's up to them to input it... And you don't get a confirmation #. When I mailed in it was fine. But made copies and sent it priority with tracking #. But now I just do online.

Speaking as the guy that was tasked with scanning in and typing in all of your mailed in report cards, I highly suggest you do it online. It's a lot easier, it's more accurate info unless you wrote on your card really neatly, and you get immediate confirmation.

When reporting your cards online, make sure you do all the required steps and you'll get to a page that displays your a success message with your confirmation #. Without that, it's not fully entered. I also highly highly suggest adding an email address to your account. You'll get a confirmation email after you report your card (abalone etc also). Then it's easy to just find your confirmation number if you have any problems.

Pm me or post if you really need help with this. We'll get you up to date on everything. Also don't yell at me for anything cdfw related. I don't work there anymore, I'm now at hubbs doing wsb stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Phishphood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:42 AM   #4
Phishphood

See my post here with pdf of instructions
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=30843

Old 10-01-2017, 09:56 AM   #5
got2fishsd
got2fishsd

Try emailing fish and game. Same thing happened to me last year and they actually send me a check.

got2fishsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:02 AM   #6
Phishphood

Nick I forgot but there's also a chance you were somehow "sold" two report cards when you bought them last year and the seller never canceled one. Usually happens if there's a problem printing or something. Try emailing lobster@wildlife.ca.gov and explain your problem clearly and concisely. Please be patient and polite as the folks dealing with that email address don't have anything to do with the sales.