Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 10:09 AM   #1
imported_lambadmin

Scheduled web site outage – Sunday, 2/11/2007

We’re happy to announce that Big Water’s Edge web site and forum will be down for a major upgrade on Sunday, February 11th 2007 from 8:00 AM until noon (approximately).

The site is totally re-designed, getting a complete face-lift. We will have new and improved forum engine; a powerful Photo Gallery where you can upload your images will be on board. 8)

All forum content (messages, user accounts, private messages, etc.) will be migrated over to the new board. You'll be able to use your current user name and password to log in.

Please do not use any bookmarks you may have saved to access the site after Sunday, as they may be invalid. Instead, please go to directly the home page and navigate from there - http://www.bigwatersedge.com.

Should you be experiencing any problems after the upgrade, please contact admin@bigwatersedge.com .

Thank you,

BWE Team

…a sneak preview of the new site:

imported_lambadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:41 AM   #2
madscientist

Good luck with the big roll out. I guess this means you won't be on the water Sunday. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. New site looks awesome.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:46 AM   #3
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Looks Killer! I like the vbulletin boards, very cool! 8)
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:55 AM   #4
dmr

Thanks for the hard work Adi. The screenshot looks cool.
dmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 11:42 AM   #5
lamb

Thank you, thank you. I can not take all the credit – Andy and Brian have done as much as I did… None of us is a professional in this arena, which made it challenging. Extended OEX Pro team has been helping with steering us in the right direction. It has been 7-8 weeks since we started working on it, off and on. One thing is for sure – it was a ton of work! We’re stoked we’re about to wrap it up.

Ditto - the new web site will powered by vBulletin board. Photo Post Pro is the Picture Gallery engine. We worked hard to tightly integrate it all together, including the home page. It’s pretty cool.

We did a lot of testing... (yes, I brought in my “roll to production” IT routines to the table… )

The transition on Sunday ought to go smoothly – cross your fingers.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:57 PM   #6
dgax65
Guerro Grande

Looks very nice. BZ to all involved.